Searching for the Rainbow

Old 09-04-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Searching for the Rainbow

Today was another unbearable hot and muggy day in Mid Michigan. At one point in the afternoon we had a very quick and heavy rain microburst, but the sun was still shining. There are no windows on the East-facing side of the building but I just knew there had to be a rainbow.
I got out of work a half an hour later and my drive home is directly East. I just KNEW there had to be a rainbow, and then I saw it - very faint off to the north.
It struck me as such a wonderful thing because even though the skies were ominous and foreboding, the sun was still shining and I was actively (but safely - I was on the freeway, after all) looking for the rainbow I just KNEW I would find.
Even in the darkness of my worst emotions there is always a rainbow to be found - in my friends, my rescue dog, and even (some of) my family. Lol

What was your rainbow today?
Old 09-17-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Mellybug,

Thank you for this post! Ever since I first read it, rainbow colors, rainbow trout, rainbows of all kinds have been catching my attention. Every day there has been a different kind of rainbow, or several, that I've noticed.

Yesterday's rainbow came via a large heavy sign that fell from a wall at work. No one noticed it at first, though we had heard a loud noise. Later I walked by that area and this sign with a huge rainbow trout was right on my path.

#lifeisgood
Old 10-15-2018, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Today's rainbow is beautifully dyed alpaca yarn.