Notices

how can i help you ???

Old 09-04-2018, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

how can i help you ???

how can i help you ??? i want to help people unsure how i can help i volunteer at the libray in the local mental health hosptial and at the garden there but i dont think its enough i need to help people , its helps me to do it but am unsure how to help here i want to post back to people but am unsure what to say if i say god loves you or hang in there i dont think its enough am very unsure what to say to people here at the moment am on a christian forum witch is trans phobic and homophoic makes me feel bad about myself and unwell but because its mostly prayers and Jesus stuff i can help here i dont know what to say and how to help

the christian forum sometimes makes me feel like i shouldnt be trans and that am sinning but i get so much out of helping the people there that i dont think about whats its doing to me i now caught in the circle of going there and helping people ita making me speand less and less personal time with my husband and we are fighting a lot how can i help you is there anything i can do here instead
Old 09-04-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it's fantastic, and very generous of you, that you want to help others.

You mention that you are spending less time with your husband, and are fighting more.

So how would you feel about putting your relationship with your husband first at the moment, spending a little time helping yourself? Wanting to help others shows what a good heart you have. But I don't think anyone would want that to be at the cost of your own marriage.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

The golden rule is to help yourself first before others, just like what they say on the plane when you are told to put your own oxygen mask on first before helping others. You’ve been on and off this Christian forum for a long time and posted many many posts about how it affects you, and your relationship with your partner in a negative way. It’s a lovely thought to want to help other people but I would love to see you help yourself set some healthy boundaries and stick to them. I say this with absolute love and no judgement, you seem like a very caring person xx
Old 09-04-2018, 01:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wolfschild, you help many people here with your postings because you are so honest and so kind. Do you know there are likely other trans people on this board who are not yet ready to talk about it, but when they read your posts, it could give them comfort and confidence.

Be yourself, be just who you are.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Anna - be yourself
Sometimes all people really want is to know they're being listened to

D
Old 09-06-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Help yourself first.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WolfsChild...

Everyone here cares very much about your health and well-being. I have also read your posts in the past, and have wondered how your doing...

You could help me by letting me know how you are, and that your not sticking around people, places, or things that bring you down.

You are worth more than the judgmental comments people throw out there, who are they to judge anybody? Love yourself today