Notices

Tomorrows is the day

Old 09-04-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrows is the day

Don't think I'll make it but going to give it a go.

Don't think I've the energy.

I do know that in the last week I've been shaking during the days. That I've drank even more because I kept telling myself it was the last day.

I hope I make it. I hope I give up alcohol and I don't miss it. Gave up smoking 40 a day, two years ago, and I wouldn't dare smoke. Don't know how I ever like it. Wish that drinking is like that.

Anyway. Not feeling like I derserve to be posting after all the support you all give and I still drink.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Al31 View Post
Don't think I'll make it but going to give it a go.

Don't think I've the energy.

I do know that in the last week I've been shaking during the days. That I've drank even more because I kept telling myself it was the last day.

I hope I make it. I hope I give up alcohol and I don't miss it. Gave up smoking 40 a day, two years ago, and I wouldn't dare smoke. Don't know how I ever like it. Wish that drinking is like that.

Anyway. Not feeling like I derserve to be posting after all the support you all give and I still drink.
Hello so sorry for your suffering. We all been in such dark times and recovery is possible at every stage. Do not give up ...keep posting ... make a plan . Well done with givinp up smoking. I m on the patches now . It might not be the right moment as so much going on and still very low although stopped drinking . But very early in recovery. I was emotional smoker and i cannot waste money for any poison. So i am on patches but i crave smoking as it was like habit to distress since marriage breakdown . Awful scared but keeping on going . Using the patches over 12 weeks reducing under nurse supervision. I m praying for you to quitt booze. Begining is very difficult no doubt. But there s huge support here. Big hugs x D
Old 09-04-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do know that in the last week I've been shaking during the days
Best wishes. You can do this. I probably don't need to day this, but if you're shaking during the days and it's from withdrawal symptoms, then you may be best off starting with a medical detox.

Anyway, best of luck.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
not a greeter

If tomorrow is the day, then your last drink is today right?
Old 09-04-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Giving it a go is all you need to do. Whether you have absolute conviction and faith at this point that you'll succeed or never drink again is irrelevant. It may not bode well statistically speaking, but I sincerely believe that each time we try to abstain, no matter where we fall on the desire scale, we learn something new and valuable each time.

We're here to lean on and support you, and I applaud you for trying and making this courageous step. You got this!
Old 09-04-2018, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

...I've drank even more because I kept telling myself it was the last day.
Don't let today be another one of "last day" drinking. If quitting is the plan, quit today. Dump the booze if you have any, and stay close to SR.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When people would tell me, "No, stop now. Quit waiting. Just pour it out and start now" I would run for the hills and it would make me want to quit less.

I agree there is no better moment than the current to give up that misery but don't feel anxious or pressured...everyone has their moment of clarity and their own pace. Don't feel bad if you can't right this second but if you can, go for it!