Went to an Al-anon meeting yesterday

Old 08-30-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Went to an Al-anon meeting yesterday

It's been a long time since I went to a meeting in this city. I saw the friend who had told me quite some time ago:

"All the joy and happiness you'll ever want are right outside your comfort zone."

I've found this to be very true.

After the meeting yesterday I told him about taking leaps of faith, and that every time I do, things work out. He shared with me a story of being on the edge, being scared of jumping, feeling a great push and then flying.

I relate to that.

I'm standing on the edge again. Ready to leap into the great unknown. Taking a deep breath and trusting in where I'm going. My summer job is ending. Life is wide open.

I trust life to guide me in finding good, healthy places to be.

Every time I've wanted to plan ahead, to 'do something', it felt like, "Not now. Not yet".

Now it's time. Enjoying life in this day. Ready to jump, to fly, when I feel the push from God/Universe/Great Spirit.

3 minute conversations that change my life. That open me to new ideas, adventure and the goodness of life.

#thankyougod #lifeisgood
Old 08-30-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love this. Good stuff Mango!
Old 08-30-2018, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Really great share Mango!

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
"All the joy and happiness you'll ever want are right outside your comfort zone."

I've found this to be very true.

After the meeting yesterday I told him about taking leaps of faith, and that every time I do, things work out. He shared with me a story of being on the edge, being scared of jumping, feeling a great push and then flying.
^ This part really resonates with me.

Not too long after my divorce was finalized (a very long damn process in Canada), my boyfriend took my daughter and I skydiving in Florida. I literally watched my kid Jump. Out. Of. A. Plane! .. and then a few seconds later I did the same thing... (we were strapped to professional instructors) I remember, as that little plane was working it's way up to jumping altitude, that I kept waiting for the anxiety to hit. It never did. I also remember thinking that if I could work up the strength and courage to leave my marriage then hurtling myself out of this plane is going to be a piece of cake...

It was an amazing experience... the perspective, the beauty, the freedom, the accomplishment

Not only was jumping out of that plane...first free falling and then floating peacefully and safely back to Earth, a great experience, it was also the perfect real time metaphor for what my life had been recently AND for the next giant leap I was about to take... (moving 3k miles from "home")

I keep leaping and I keep thriving, and things are only ever getting better. What a gift it is to live a life in which I feel safe enough to jump.