Notices

Podcast

Old 08-29-2018, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MetalRose

Podcast

What are your favorite podcasts that have aided you in your recovery and journey of sobriety?

I'm interested in listening to something motivational and supportive while driving an hour long work commute.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2018, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I like listening to Tara Brach talks. It's not specifically recovery but I find Buddhist teachings & meditation to be helpful. She does talk about addiction & alcoholism in some though.

Refuge Recovery/Against the Stream... Also Buddhist based teachings but focused on recovery.

The recovery elevator is good. Joe & Charlie tapes are entertaining if you're into AA. I'm not but I still like listening.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I really like Recovery Elevator too. Thanks for sharing and the Buddhist based ones- I’m looking into going to Refuge Recovery meetings in my city next week 😃
Old 08-30-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

The Life Coach School with Brooke Castillo. Great advice on dealing with life's problems in general, but if you listen to the entire 4-year series you journey with her as she deals with her own wine obsession ("over-drinking") over time; transitioning from I'm gonna control my intake to I'm eliminating drinking from my life.

Warning - she is not an AA fan. Some in AA may find her comments about AA troubling.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by MissOverIt View Post
I really like Recovery Elevator too. Thanks for sharing and the Buddhist based ones- I’m looking into going to Refuge Recovery meetings in my city next week 😃
Refuge has online meetings too. I try and listen to those when I remember . There's one on tonight actually. Lucky that you have one in your city. The closest to me is a bit of a drive.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm a podcast maniac, though not a lot of recovery based ones. Love Tara Brach however.

The Speaking of Jung podcast has been important to me in my personal growth and life perspective.