Notices

The all inclusive experience

Old 08-29-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The all inclusive experience

Just returned from Mexico where we stayed at a couple of all inclusive deals. I survived alcohol free, but serving alcohol seems to be a priority at these things. From morning til night they are constantly asking.

Couple of positives, the rooms were great, the food was excellent and the service and help from the employees was top notch in my opinion. The weather was searing hot. 100+ degrees and humid.

My last thought, we flew over and boated over a lot of ocean. Our oceans are sick. Algae blooms and seaweed are out of control. Sad. Hope everyone is well. Jeff.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you got through that!
Old 08-29-2018, 09:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My husband and I are going to an all inclusive resort in the Maldives next month. I'm really struggling to see how I will resist the alcohol. They leave a bottle of champagne in your room as a welcome gift and then there is a free minibar in the room. Also unlimited cocktails. I'm sure the resort staff will be supportive - they are a nation of non drinkers so would be happy to only offer non alcoholic drinks to myself.
At the moment we can't have any alcohol in the house because I just drink it all.
I'm struggling to accept that I can never ever have that glass of champagne on our wedding anniversary in the Maldives. I know that if I do I will just drink like crazy for the 5 days we are there and ruin the holiday.
I'm not sure why I am writing this, just putting my thoughts down.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hiho View Post
My husband and I are going to an all inclusive resort in the Maldives next month. I'm really struggling to see how I will resist the alcohol. They leave a bottle of champagne in your room as a welcome gift and then there is a free minibar in the room. Also unlimited cocktails. I'm sure the resort staff will be supportive - they are a nation of non drinkers so would be happy to only offer non alcoholic drinks to myself.
At the moment we can't have any alcohol in the house because I just drink it all.
I'm struggling to accept that I can never ever have that glass of champagne on our wedding anniversary in the Maldives. I know that if I do I will just drink like crazy for the 5 days we are there and ruin the holiday.
I'm not sure why I am writing this, just putting my thoughts down.
Hiho why not email the hotel in advance saying goes you do not drink and ask them just to put soft drinks in the mini bar.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hiho why not email the hotel in advance saying goes you do not drink and ask them just to put soft drinks in the mini bar.
Hi, I know i sound really thick but it did not occur to me that I could do that. I could also ask them to not leave the champagne, maybe leave fruit juice or something instead. Thanks for your help, I feel a lot more hopeful.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is a solid accomplishment in making a sober life, well done. I see becoming sober like having to undertake a series of tests where the goal is not to drink in new situations and eventually that will become the default way of life.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

g
Originally Posted by hiho View Post
Hi, I know i sound really thick but it did not occur to me that I could do that. I could also ask them to not leave the champagne, maybe leave fruit juice or something instead. Thanks for your help, I feel a lot more hopeful.
If they say they're going to do this, it's probably worth checking that they did do it (or send your husband ahead of you) just in case.

I think I'd be looking to the underwater spa... https://visitmaldives.com/portfolio-...-side-of-life/

My mum and stepdad went to the Maldives for their honeymoon. He was an AAer with a few years sobrity at that point and he loved it.

BB
Old 08-30-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Hi,

I went to town all inclusive about 2 years ago. I slipped and had a double shot of whiskey. That was it. Just the one. Thought I was getting food poisoning.

Some Sr folks said they would reset their clock over it. I sort of did.

I ate like a horse. I watched the folks drinking. There were a few drunks st the bar in the am. They looked like crap. I don't want to be a dead man walking anymore.

I ate and worked out. The food was awesome.

I don't drink anymore.

I could drink ever say at home if I wanted to. An all inclusive is like being at home when it comes to booze.

Plus, drunks fill up on booze and cant enjoy the food.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you had a good time Jeff

D
Old 08-31-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

There is never any need to drink alcohol. There will always be excuses.