I'm crazy, crazy for feeling so lonely.....

Old 08-26-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm crazy, crazy for feeling so lonely.....

Some days it's all I can to do get out of bed. It's just over 11 weeks since I last saw him properly but I miss him as much every day. He's working on his sobriety and that's best thing for him. Just wish sometimes all this work didn't have to be done and we could be together. One of those days.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Patsy Cline can really sum up that burning pain you feel, when you miss someone you love. Such a heavy, all encompassing feeling. Have you looked into any help for yourself? Counceling maybe, or you might need to talk with your doctor about taking medication to help you, until you can clear this hurdle in your life.

I think the majority of us on SR can relate to how you are feeling, I think its very normal in your situation. Just know someone out there in internet land is thinking of you, sending hugs your way. 😍
Old 08-26-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Glenjo I hope you can take comfort in the fact that you are doing the right thing, even though it's painful.
It's the hard yards that really pay off in the end.
What can you do to distract yourself and fill in the gaps?
Old 08-26-2018, 04:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Glenjo I hope you can take comfort in the fact that you are doing the right thing, even though it's painful.
It's the hard yards that really pay off in the end.
What can you do to distract yourself and fill in the gaps?
Thanks, I'm going to therapy and working on self care as well as reading and journaling, but just some days it's harder than others.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wamama48 View Post
Patsy Cline can really sum up that burning pain you feel, when you miss someone you love. Such a heavy, all encompassing feeling. Have you looked into any help for yourself? Counceling maybe, or you might need to talk with your doctor about taking medication to help you, until you can clear this hurdle in your life.

I think the majority of us on SR can relate to how you are feeling, I think its very normal in your situation. Just know someone out there in internet land is thinking of you, sending hugs your way. 😍
Thanks that's means a lot
Old 08-26-2018, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Glenjo, sorry you are feeling so blue (glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour though)!

I said this before but hey, you've taken on a ton of information in the last few weeks, don't underestimate the feelings you are dredging up by working on yourself.

There are many posts around here about that, you might want to have a look at some of firesprite's threads in particular. It's not a task for the faint of heart (so I commend you for doing it).

Have you written a list of all the things that were negative in the relationship? Something you can refer to at the drop of a hat when you start to feel down about not being in touch with him? It's a good tool to have and I would encourage you to do so if you haven't.

We can gloss over the negatives sometimes, it's human nature, so after a period of weeks you might just be looking at how great everything was and not the negatives. Another thing, you didn't live in the same place, when you went to visit that last time he all but broke down. You don't really know that isn't his norm? Or at least that it might have been his norm before getting treatment. I'm just saying try not to glamorize what is not really all that - great.

Another thing, you mentioned you were in touch a lot, phone calls, texts each day. That has left a void in your life, how are you filling that?
Old 08-26-2018, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ad what did you do with your time BEFORE this event came along?
Old 08-26-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glenjo,
Remember you are "withdrawing" from your addiction, (him) like he is trying to withdrawal from his, there is no difference. It is hard, very hard, but he needs to do this on his own and so do you.

Stay busy, keep posting, hit some meetings. This is God's plan, so it is out of your control. Let it happen the way it's supposed too. Hugs!!
Old 08-26-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
Glenjo,
Remember you are "withdrawing" from your addiction, (him) like he is trying to withdrawal from his, there is no difference. It is hard, very hard, but he needs to do this on his own and so do you.

Stay busy, keep posting, hit some meetings. This is God's plan, so it is out of your control. Let it happen the way it's supposed too. Hugs!!
Cheers Maia, codependency is an addiction to him certainly! I am trusting in the universe to work whatever is for the highest good for all in this situation, I ask for that everyday. Great to be able to share in here.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Hey Glenjo, sorry you are feeling so blue (glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour though)!

I said this before but hey, you've taken on a ton of information in the last few weeks, don't underestimate the feelings you are dredging up by working on yourself.

There are many posts around here about that, you might want to have a look at some of firesprite's threads in particular. It's not a task for the faint of heart (so I commend you for doing it).

Have you written a list of all the things that were negative in the relationship? Something you can refer to at the drop of a hat when you start to feel down about not being in touch with him? It's a good tool to have and I would encourage you to do so if you haven't.

We can gloss over the negatives sometimes, it's human nature, so after a period of weeks you might just be looking at how great everything was and not the negatives. Another thing, you didn't live in the same place, when you went to visit that last time he all but broke down. You don't really know that isn't his norm? Or at least that it might have been his norm before getting treatment. I'm just saying try not to glamorize what is not really all that - great.

Another thing, you mentioned you were in touch a lot, phone calls, texts each day. That has left a void in your life, how are you filling that?
This is true, the more time goes on I'm probably glamorising the past, that list is something I'll do. Been for a walk and listening to some podcasts again just now.

I've never really thought about that before, that it might have been his norm, I just wasn't there to see him in the flesh, only on calls etc. Interesting observation
Old 08-26-2018, 11:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glen....have you given any serious thought to becoming more physical to get, somewhat , out of your head.....? (as per my previous post)…?
Old 08-26-2018, 11:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I find exercise really helps when I am obsessing. It brings great relief physically and mentally.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Glen....have you given any serious thought to becoming more physical to get, somewhat , out of your head.....? (as per my previous post)…?
Hi dandelion. Yes I go to the gym most days which is great and yesterday morning, the weather was lovely so I climbed a mountain which is close to where I live. Brought my notepad with me and wrote things I am grateful for at the top. I have increased my exercise levels in the past few weeks, think today I just felt low and went for a 5km walk tonight, felt much better after.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
I find exercise really helps when I am obsessing. It brings great relief physically and mentally.
I agree I enjoy exercise to take me out of my head and when I don't forget it I feel low.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Some days are harder than others, regardless what you do. When I left EXAH, I hurt for a long time. Unfortunately I did not address my broken-ness, and so I had a series of unhealthy relationships over the years. Finally hit a bottom after 11 long years.

Sending you hugs of support!
Old 08-26-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Some days are harder than others, regardless what you do. When I left EXAH, I hurt for a long time. Unfortunately I did not address my broken-ness, and so I had a series of unhealthy relationships over the years. Finally hit a bottom after 11 long years.

Sending you hugs of support!
Thanks Freedom. Some days just are hard. Hope your doing well