Good advise.....

Old 08-24-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good advise.....

My friend has this posted on her FB wall this morning. Soooo true, and I believe the reason why I felt so helpless for so long. I hear a lot on this forum "why is this not getting better." I think here is the answer:

"YOU CANNOT HEAL IN THE SAME ENVIRONMENT THAT MADE YOU SICK IN THE FIRST PLACE."

This applies no matter who you are or what your sickness is in my opinion.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is so true!! Thank you so much for sharing that.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

hopeful4......this reminds me of something that Virginia Satir, a famous family therapist, once wrote about....
She would sometimes see clients in their homes....and she said that she gains so much information about the family in that setting...She said that the first big piece of information that she gets...is something that is invisible--the moment she enters into the house....it is the "atmosphere" of the home...the feeling vibes that she picks up, without anyone saying a single word.....
Old 08-24-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes Dandy, I can completely see how that would be.

Right now I am struggling a bit with my older child. It's amazing to me to see how the dynamic changes when she walks in the door, even without anyone saying a word. Sigh. We are working on it.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

hopeful,

This could be a fun dynamic to work on changing in metaphysical ways.

Have you seen the Oprah/Deepak clip of using thoughts to change the direction of a string? Our thoughts are powerful things.

Prayers and meditation are powerful. Clearing out spaces by fresh air, candles, etc. can be powerful, especially when combined with prayer and good, positive thoughts. Positive momentum becomes a stronger force that both radiates and attracts more good.

When the toxicity of an environment is strong, even in small ways, I'm learning to leave. If it's a place I'm staying at or returning to, I take a fresh approach in prayer, meditation and clearing spaces as I return to them. With friends and family members, this may mean brief interactions with me off on new adventures of simple things. Replacing a paper towel roll and using it as a musical instrument or scope. Taking a short walk outside enjoying beauty in small things. Coming back in by a different route. Small things can create big changes.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hopeful, that is a little gem, and it's going in my "Wisdom of SR" folder. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How True!!

Thanks Hopeful!!
Old 08-25-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So true! You can not heal and you can only get strong to a certain point in a toxic environment. The only way to completely heal is to consider it the past and keep moving forward.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The only way to completely heal is to consider it the past and keep moving forward.

That can only work if the environment is no longer toxic. Ime it didn't any better and the only solution was to get out of it.