Notices

It s a week and a cat

Old 08-18-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It s a week and a cat

Hello kind people. It was challenging week and more challenges ahead but i killed need for self medicating. I m actually enjoying checking how much i can take on my chest and still sober and fighting for better life. So day 7 and no back to self pity and escapism . So i never mentioned a cat came to me a while ago . I thought it was somebodys as had collar so no bothered and it was very scared to come closer. But two week ago he came crying and cuddled to me in the garden . I fed him and pet and thought he s gone. Nope he is sleeping in my shed in a box with my old clothes and coming as soon i open door. I called it Jake but today i took collar and checked info his name Momo and number. I called the number it came out it was England and i m in Scotland and went into answer machine...i left messega explaining staff nobody bothered. This cat is wandering sonce winter but only was so desparate that came to me last week so hungry and wet. Its a lovely cat black and white small with huge green eyes and looks maybe 3 year old. So now i have additional responsibility as never had a cat and need educate myself . So now me and Jake staying sober 😉 x D
Old 08-18-2018, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Aww.

I used to work in an animal shelter. Time and again I would see cats who stayed in the corners of cages, sleeping all day long - until a certain person would come in and the cat suddenly turned on the charm.

I really think they choose their homes, and Jake has chosen you. Excellent. Cats are really easy to care for, enjoy!
Old 08-18-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your new furry friend.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you have a new cat buddy.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sober style

Jake the Sober Cat, he sounds cool! Harbinger of great things to come. Good going, allishope.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cats can bring so much joy!! Jake has chosen you!
Old 08-18-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good news cat is she called Momo not Jake as i called it after Jake Green from Revolver he he ... nice lassie called me back sayint it has a home but she suspected it picked up sb else ... i asked what to do . Owner said enjoy her company if she comes and was grateful i took care , fed and was concerned . So all ended well cat is not homeless and winter can come x D
Old 08-18-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had a "visitor" cat like that who spent the night inside with me in the winter a few times and then she went home ( I found out later) in between times.

She gave me the idea to get my own cat. Glad I did.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jake was the name of my first cat, he was a rescue kitty as well. He passed away about 4 years ago. He was the best cat ever! You're doing a good thing .
Old 08-18-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Such a great story.

You sound really good. I like to read about the early days. It reminds me of what a struggle it was. I especially like reading when someone gets through the early days. It's no small accomplishment, you should be proud of yourself.

It gets better from here. Life is simpler sober. Sure, there might be challenges, wreckage to clean up, old habits to replace or reverse or what not. But the basics of life are so much simpler - and right away too.

When we quit drinking our lives become manageable again.

Keep walking. One foot in front of the other. You aren't alone. There's a time coming soon that you'll look back and be astonished at how far you've come.

There's so much hope and possibility in sobriety.

Best to you and Jake-

B
Old 08-18-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week and new housemate

D
Old 08-18-2018, 10:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lovely story to wake up to have a great new sober life with your furry angel