Please remind me of things to keep me grounded

Old 08-16-2018, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please remind me of things to keep me grounded

Ignore my last post I'm not resorting to something I havnt done in 4 years over an elderly mother who doesn't know if she is coming. She tried her best but her level of parenting is not capable of loving me.

I'm sorry if I disgusted any one by talks of the adult entertainment industry.im aware of the stigma. I hate it but I keep getting kicked when I'm down. I have my job still I can start romorrow after iop.im not doing the other thing it was a rant
Things I've learned: stay off Facebook
Forever I never liked it.
Shower
Take care of myself
It's ok to cry
Celebrate recovery or al anon
And get to iop worst case scenario a routine/structure/ good food/shower every morning.
No contact ever peeping at his page even from someone else's Facebook is breaking no contact.
Feel bad for me not him. Treat myself good.
He is not out living some fantastic life he is drinking him self to death. In his mind it may seem fun but the long term effects are awful.
Who cares I cancelled his phone line was tired of being a doormat.
Today was especially hard w missing 2 days and my mom. I get confused.
Ty
Old 08-16-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Shred for doing what you can to cut contact. For many of us this is super tough.

And yes, please do what you can to take care of yourself: stay hydrated, eat well, get a bit of exercise.

Your mom probably did the best she could but it doesn't sound like this "best" was particularly supportive.

Courage and peace to you good human!
Old 08-17-2018, 12:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes!!! You're good and mad and you're not taking it anymore, good for you! Repeat to yourself what you said here.....Feel bad for me not him. Treat myself good.
He is not out living some fantastic life he is drinking him self to death. Repeat it over and over, believe it. And keep going.said
Originally Posted by Shredder22 View Post
Ignore my last post I'm not resorting to something I havnt done in 4 years over an elderly mother who doesn't know if she is coming. She tried her best but her level of parenting is not capable of loving me.

I'm sorry if I disgusted any one by talks of the adult entertainment industry.im aware of the stigma. I hate it but I keep getting kicked when I'm down. I have my job still I can start romorrow after iop.im not doing the other thing it was a rant
Things I've learned: stay off Facebook
Forever I never liked it.
Shower
Take care of myself
It's ok to cry
Celebrate recovery or al anon
And get to iop worst case scenario a routine/structure/ good food/shower every morning.
No contact ever peeping at his page even from someone else's Facebook is breaking no contact.
Feel bad for me not him. Treat myself good.
He is not out living some fantastic life he is drinking him self to death. In his mind it may seem fun but the long term effects are awful.
Who cares I cancelled his phone line was tired of being a doormat.
Today was especially hard w missing 2 days and my mom. I get confused.
Ty
Old 08-17-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Shredder....

When things get really jumbled in my world, in my life, in my mind...I try to make things really simple. Kind of like your list. And it is definitely OK to cry!

I try to be grateful for little things, too.

Did I wake up this morning? Yay me!
Do I have a roof over my head and food to eat? Bonus!!
Do I have clothes to put on my body? Bonus plus!!

Now...where can I go from here?

Hang in there...even if one hour at a time!! Post here as often as you need. Anytime you feel yourself starting to need a bit of extra support. We are always here

Hope today is a bit better!!