Notices

Reading my old posts

Old 08-16-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reading my old posts

I went back and read some of my old posts which I found very interesting. If you haven’t done so I recommend it. Seems like I try to get sober in the summer ? Maybe because that is when I am off of work and less stress? Have the children around full time . I don’t know but 2 years ago at this same time I Had the same amount of sober days within a day or two .
I will not look back at this post a year from now with the same number of sober days . I want this sober life more than anything!!!
Old 08-16-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've also found rereading old posts to be very helpful and insightful, difficult as it is.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Re-reading my old posts in the Feb 2016 thread is like a diary of my becoming sober. Some are funny, some are really sad, many just express how grateful I was (and am) to be sober. Occasionally going back and reading my "SR diary" has been invaluable for me to stay sober.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad those posts are archived, and I know they're available for me to read, but I haven't had the need (or the courage) to go back and revisit all the emotional pain and suffering I put myself through for soooo many years; most of them are drunken, sobbing pleas for help, almost embarrassing in their level of desperation and sadness. I'm feeling much better now, 17 months sober; funny how that works! If my resolve ever falters, a quick review of old posts would certainly straighten out my thinking, so they're a good resource, another reason why this site is so freaking awesome...
Old 08-17-2018, 02:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This isn't my first user name. I had to reinvent myself for when I came back.

The old 'me' was so stupid. Such a know it all.

My old posts make me cringe.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sober style

Haha, I always laugh at all my old jokes I'd forgotten when I do this. I slay myself!

In general though, reading about the despair I felt when I first joined back in May 2016 makes me very proud of how far I've come since then and how I never ever want to torture myself with that poison again. No way Jose!
Old 08-17-2018, 09:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've reread my posts several times, it makes me happy not to be there anymore.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skipper123 View Post
I went back and read some of my old posts which I found very interesting. If you haven’t done so I recommend it. Seems like I try to get sober in the summer ? Maybe because that is when I am off of work and less stress? Have the children around full time . I don’t know but 2 years ago at this same time I Had the same amount of sober days within a day or two .
I will not look back at this post a year from now with the same number of sober days . I want this sober life more than anything!!!
Continue to stay sober, I am glad that you have old posts to refer to. I would do the same if I had discover this group earlier. Congrats on your decision of making this your sober self. Happy Saturday