Employment Issue

Old 08-14-2018, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Employment Issue

I'm leaving for Florida and want a fresh new start within 45-60 days my goal is to be out there. As much respect I have for my boss I'm his assistant I telemarket for him for hours a day on A PHONE for 12 an hour 150 a commission. The pay I don't care he makes the millions I make poverty level for getting the customers. That doesn't bother me at all as loan officers have duties I don't want to do.
He has been patiently waiting my return I don't want to do phone work. If keeps you addicted to a phone, emails, texting, you can get tempted to go on FB I just want phone work break for good. The relationship imho, is weird as I had to give him my drunks number and say you might get a call as he thinks I'm sleeping with you. He shook it off but it still embarrassed me. Part of this chapter is learning to power off the phone or put in a drawer. I have been doing marketing for years honestly I appreciate him wanting me on the team I don't think stalking homeowners all day is good for my recovery, a smart phone all day, and a boss I had to have a serious talk with about my then bf was adamant I was sleeping with him.
I don't want to bring that to Florida with me and I need a rest from phones. I got all types of sales experience I really would like to be a real estate agent. Right now I say no to phones and working for him. Anyone agree this is a good call?
Old 08-14-2018, 01:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

is there a question here? are you asking us if it is ok to quit your job?
Old 08-14-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I am naturally I'm a people pleaser

I havnt quit I just go silent. Sorry, If my posts show my self awareness. It's one thing to have extreme level of self awareness it's applying it. Is it ok to put myself first and and let it go......
Old 08-14-2018, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Time to stop being a people pleaser. That is a big problem with co-dependents. Time to put yourself first and do what pleases YOU.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Part of my recovery was changing careers to becoming a real estate agent. So far it's great, and a LOT of it is basically telemarketing. But not ALL of it. And you get to keep a lot more of the money.

Sounds like it might be a good fit.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's exactly what I want

My Zillow and trulia leads coming to me. Since I'm great on the phone I'll telemarket my own leads and get 3-4 percent the loan amount. I know the game. I made him at least 200 k I know mortgage and real estate comarketing. Everyone else is rich and I'm struggling but my voice brings in the bacon. I want a break from the phone and when I get to Florida jump into real estate.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
Part of my recovery was changing careers to becoming a real estate agent. So far it's great, and a LOT of it is basically telemarketing. But not ALL of it. And you get to keep a lot more of the money.

Sounds like it might be a good fit.
U hit it right on the head I make them millions and get no praise. If I'm going to be on a phone I'm not doing it for 12 I'm doing it for 3-4 percent. I'm even friends w Terry from Zillow in Washington state. He told me a long time ago be an agent your making every one else rich.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I'd also rather be working for a client than a toxic dry drunk nasty boss.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That was my last boss

He was a drunk though. Vodka in his fridge. He wasn't following up w my prospects and put me down frequently. I left. How long was the process to get licensed?
Old 08-15-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's great to put yourself first. However, I would make sure you have gainful employment before ditching this one. Just my two cents.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would never leave a job until I found alternative gainful employment.

Whether I was dissatisfied with whatever the current situation was would be irrelevant, despite the circumstances of said employment.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Getting Lic will vary depending on the state. Also, as an agent you'll be responsible for your own expenses. The 'bosses' don't pocket the entire ammount, at least if they plan on being in business long. Being self-employeed is great...so long as your responsible with money. Realistic with future earnings and have a 'nest egg' to get you started/keep you 'floated' during down times. That goes for any industry. Good luck,but I'd do my research and not just assume all will go smoothly. Most times that's not the case and 'crap' does indeed happen.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Self employment is what I like

I know I have to take the test. I also am a firm believer in spending money to make money. My eBay store is self employed I handle all my duties. Making millionaires into billionaires is starting to get old. Of course I can get a job at a mortgage company or real estate company in any state basically anywhere and do business development to prove myself. Starting hourly for that is usually 15 and 250 a commission. They can see my power house voice. I can climb the ladder and get licensed. I'm on a 1099 self employed loan officer assistant. I like gaining happy clients, my own schedule, and sales. I can only hope real estate would boom in Florida. Yes, I still have my job I'm fine. I have no choice but to stay and it can come with me to Florida as well. I don't want to burn any bridges. Thanks for reading.