Notices

Day 9 Yesterday Was the Worst yet

Old 08-14-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
If I had a dime for every time I made a mistake, I would be sitting on a big pile of dimes.

Day 9 Yesterday Was the Worst yet

Here I am at day 9, but yesterday was rough. I was irritable, tired and the cravings came on pretty strong. I made it through, but slept terrible and just depressed. Then had nightmares or just weird dreams. Not feeling as confident as I was, but I am hanging in there. I thought after such a great 5th and 6th day it would be much better, but I have days that are just rough. Very tired today, everything seems like an effort. Come on coffee do your thing.

Day 9 and continuing.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time. I found good days and bad early on too...but that's the case with life in general really. It will get easier as long as you don't drink. Except the coffee. Drink the coffee !
Old 08-14-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi sportpilot, congratulations on day 9! I’m in the same boat. The first 2-3 nights were rough for me then I slept great. Now I’m on day 10 and the last 2 nights have been horrendous. Don’t know what’s going on other than it must be our bodies adapting to their new internal environment. I’ve also been pretty crotchety, starting in the late afternoon. Think I’m going to try a bath and some gently stretching before bed tonight to see if that helps. I know it’s just a rough patch and we’ll get through it.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

how are you today SportPilot ?

heres a chip for ya

Old 08-15-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're in the eye of the storm (the early days), have faith they will get better. That's not to say that sober people don't have bad days, we do. Just not every day.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My worst day sober is far better than my best day drunk.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

This ^^^
Old 08-15-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Are you any better today, SP? Thinking of you.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

A lot of folks expect a straight line with recovery - that every day will be better than the last...and while I understand that hope....life's not like that for any of us, recovery or not...

My first 30 days were pretty rough SP so you're ahead of where I was with those couple of good days - I hope you'll get back to having those soon - don't lose heart

D
Attached Images
File Type: png
URECOVERY.png (7.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-15-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SportPilot View Post
Here I am at day 9, but yesterday was rough. I was irritable, tired and the cravings came on pretty strong. I made it through, but slept terrible and just depressed. Then had nightmares or just weird dreams. Not feeling as confident as I was, but I am hanging in there. I thought after such a great 5th and 6th day it would be much better, but I have days that are just rough. Very tired today, everything seems like an effort. Come on coffee do your thing.

Day 9 and continuing.
How are you feeling today? I am thinking of you. I hope that you find peace with your decision of getting sober. Try not to think on long run, just take it, Day by Day. If you get to tomorrow sober, you will move forward. Rooting for you