Notices

Got my mouth hanging open

Old 08-10-2018, 11:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got my mouth hanging open

One of my passions growing up was watching classic movies. I was born in 1963, lived with my grandparents LLP. There were always classic films on tv. I kept this passion all my life, even turned significant others and friends on to them who sad they didn't like them..they never took the time to watch them thats why . But after spending time with me they were hooked. Well before i came a flaming alcholic and TCM cable channel came on the scene o was in heaven. I didn't even think about having a drink while watching tv. Well I was getting antsy tonight and I started to get on Facebook and soon got off Facebook is a trigger for me. Im like what can I do to just relax? Thats right...O still have TCM! Well I thought I have seen almost everything...i didn't see the opening or title but I recognized Errol Flyn...i like him...ill just keep it on. Now all Im going to say to my SR community is that you have to watch Too Much, Too Soon Based on the autobiography of Diana Barrymore (Dorothy Malone), the troubled daughter of actor John Barrymore (Errol Flynn).
Initial release: 1958
Omg...I got another tool in my toolbox alright ...just watch even if you aren't into the oldies. I already put my order in for the book at Amazon b4 I wrote this.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I've seen that movie, although it's been many years ago. I've always been a big Dorothy Malone fan.

Another good one she was in is Written on the Wind.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great work!

Personally I was raised without a tv and am kind of stupid about all tv and certainly classic movies as a result, but I think your passion for classic movies is a super cool attribute. Made me smile. So glad you broke that barrier. Keep going!
Old 08-11-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As someone who deleted his Facebook account nearly two years ago, and who also digs classic movies, I applaud your choice of relaxation activity. There's a "wholesome" aspect to films from that era that is sorely lacking in modern entertainment. (I was born in 1961, and often feel completely overwhelmed by the constant feed of crap that people are consuming these days, on all media platforms! I don't think it's good for our collective brains...)
Old 08-11-2018, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ty everyone but, the reason I brought this movie up because its basically following this woman why her life goes in the gutter from booze...it was like watching myself in the mirror if i was in 1958. If i had of seen this pre alcoholic I wouldn't of thought much about the plot or all the insider alcholic experiences. So I said I wanted it to be a part of my toolbox...something to watch now and then to remind me of some things
Old 08-11-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Written on the Wind has an alcohol theme, too.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Written on the Wind has an alcohol theme, too.
Ty...ill check it out. When i thought about it, I seen a lot of classics that an alcholism as the main theme or a drunk somewhere in the flim.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Can't believe I never heard of that one. Thanks, mistory.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

They must be good because my dad watches those classics, and especially the classic westerns, every night. He seems to really enjoy those and sometimes he値l tell me about them or this or that actor was in it and I知 usually lost lol. Maybe I値l check some out soon!
Old 08-11-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Truthseeker11 View Post
They must be good because my dad watches those classics, and especially the classic westerns, every night. He seems to really enjoy those and sometimes he値l tell me about them or this or that actor was in it and I知 usually lost lol. Maybe I値l check some out soon!
They are excellent...give them a try. Movies back then didn't have special effects to distract from bad acting and weak story.