I'm at a loss

Old 11-11-2004, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I'm at a loss

I need some serious help. I'm a recovering addict/alcoholic and I trying to hold on. My mother in law has been a part of my life for the last 15 years and has always used. She uses every "poor me" card she can play from her family and they give into her. My husband sees it, but is afraid of what she would do if he did the tough love thing. She has had past suicidal plans and attempts. She uses that as a manipulation tool. I'm the only one in the family that sees the wheels turning in her head. I know the game and she knows I know. We live with her because there's no one left. She doesn't drive and spends every moment in her room high. There are so many things that upset me about this whole situation I don't where to start. My husband kicked me out 2yrs ago of this house because I was doing the same thing she is doing now. My kids wouldn't see me, I wouldn't eat just sleep. That's all she does. She's OD so many times I can't count. I feel like such an outsider looking in. No one will listen or open their eyes to what is going on. It always turns into her flipping out, locking herself in her room and taking the Demerol way out. My husband says one thing to me that he can't stand it, then goes right back to enabling her. All my kids know anymore is Grandma is always asleep, at the doctor or sick.Help.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi and welcome...sorry I haven't been around much. This woman is your husband's mother so it really comes down to him taking care of this situation. Sorry to say it sounds like he is not. Your own family should come first...this is affecting not only you but your children. Sorry to say, if your husband won't deal with this you may have to explore your personal choices.

((((Hugs))))
JT