Notices

I need someone tonight

Old 11-11-2004, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy I need someone tonight

Please someone help me. I dont want to be alone tonight. An old friend is calling me and inviting me to do some coke. I'm trying to fight it! Please help me..................

Dixie
Old 11-11-2004, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dixie! We are here for you.Do you go to meetings?Do you have anyone you can call?
Old 11-11-2004, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning To Let It Be

Just stay here and talk about it. Call someone in recovery who you know. Are you in recovery? Just don't do it. Don't go. You may never come home again.

'One life you go to do what you should.'
Old 11-11-2004, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
one of many

Dixie, calm down, relax.. take some deep breaths. Remember nothing is worth using for. I'm praying to my Higher Power for you right now. I know you have the inner strength to hold on. You don't want to throw away your clean time. It's too valuable. This situation will pass that is certain!!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Does this old friend know you are in recovery? If so,they are not your friend.If they dont know,maybe you should tell them.Whatever you do,I hope you dont use.Stay in here,go to a meeting,or call someone.Play the tape through.Think about what will happen after you use.The consequences.Think about how bad things were last time after you used.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

It doesnt sound like that is a very good friend that called. Your not alone dixie, think it through, You know how its gonna go. there will be that ever so brief period of bliss and escape from your problems and then they will Quickly come back only worse. When I get strong cravings I play the tape through and think about the last time I got high and how SHI**Y I felt afterwards, the disappointment and shame i felt. It never gets better. you can say no just for tonight, just for this moment even if you have to. you have it in you to say no, I hope and pray you do. Are there any sober people you know in your area you can call and go for a coffee instead? if not SR is here 24/7 you can post all you want
mike
Old 11-11-2004, 07:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

To Dixie

Dear Dixie, Your life is too precious to be spent on something like cocaine or anything else for that matter. Everyones lives are too precious. God created us so that we could live our lives to the fullest not waste ourselves away over something that only makes us into something more deteriorative than age itself. Age and wisdom and God alone is wiser than those who use drugs and spend their time in the abysall plains trying to find out why they are so bent out of shape (no offense to the addicts). But truly everyones life is meant to be lived to the fullest i wish you all the best and only the best. I Hope to hear from you soon,good luck in all you do. My prayers are with you.

Signed,
Greg
Old 11-11-2004, 07:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

I turned my phone off. I'm so scared to let it ring and I'm so scared to how he will react if I dont answer my phone.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Can someone please help me visualize what will happen if I use? Help me to see what tomorrow will be like if I pick up tonight. Please.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Dixie)))

Hang in there girl. You can make it through this. The good thing is that you came here and asked for help. SR has gotten me through some time when I wanted to throw it away. We all understand. I have to agree with the others that this "friend" is not a good friend. I gave up all my old friends and found new ones in the rooms of NA/AA. Do you go to meetings? If you need to talk, PM me. I'm here if you need me.

Sherry
Old 11-11-2004, 07:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Dixie--If you use tonight, there may not BE a tomorrow, or any other tomorrows ever again. At the very least, you will hate yourself and totally regret the decision to use. DON'T DO IT!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm still here everyone....the phone is still off. Tomorrow will be 30 days for me if I can survive tonight. Thanks for being here everyone.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Please stay with me.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy

Help?? Everyone left me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tissue
Old 11-11-2004, 08:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Im still here Dixie! You are not alone! We are all praying for you.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Dixie, we ARE here for you. I am proud of you for reaching out and staying here when temptation is pounding on your door. It's not worth it, I promise. Nothing is bad enough that using won't make WORSE. Keep those 30 days tomorrow in sight. Remember 24 hours at a time can mean 5 minutes at a time, too.

Why don't you tell us some of your story here tonight? That might be a good reminder for YOU as to why you are committed to being clean and sober.

hugs,

jojo
Old 11-11-2004, 09:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm still here and still drug free...I just got back from the store...I went and bought a lot of chocolate, LOL. I wonder what the cashier thought of me buying all of that. I'm here now eating a lot but at least I'm not getting high. I did write an email to my friend and in it I told him that I loved and cared about him with all my heart and that I always saw him with these other girls and I wished I was his girl but I knew that God has his own timing and plans for us. I trust in God for everything. I'm a little embarrased that I wrote that email to him and I hope he doesn't feel uncomfortable that I told him how I felt but I really wanted to come clean and be honest about things. If I didn't tell him that I would be holding in what was really important to me and I hope I did the right thing letting it out.... I guess I have so much on my mind tonight....but I'm still here with all of you......

Love you all
Old 11-11-2004, 09:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi! I am 14 months sober and clean and believe me I still can put away some chocolate sometimes. I am married to a using alcoholic
Old 11-11-2004, 09:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Learning To Let It Be

We're not going to leave you Dixie. Just don't use. It will get better. I'll give you a suggestion based on my own experience:

I was just around the 1 year mark when my dealer/roomate called me. By the grace of God I missed his call (I wouldn't have known the number he was calling from anyway). When I listened to the message and heard his voice my stomach dropped, I started shaking, and felt myself slipping right into that submissive whatever you say mode. I erased the message, lost the number, and the next day I called my phone company and had my number changed. So my suggestion is change your phone number(s) and make sure it's unlisted.

'One life you go to do what you should.'
Old 11-11-2004, 09:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dixie,

Sorry I missed you earlier, but you did just great girl!! Chocolate is the perfect solution. There's always someone here to help out so just hold on and get through the night. Things will look clearer in the morning.

Love, Anna