Notices

Jaundice

Old 08-09-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jaundice

For those of you who developed itching and jaundice prior to quitting, how long did it take for the itching and jaundice to go away after stopping? (I realize that everyone is different.)
Old 08-09-2018, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think somewhere around the 1 week mark for me
Old 08-09-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

This seems like something you should talk to your doctor about, if you haven't already. I hope things improve for you.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
This seems like something you should talk to your doctor about, if you haven't already. I hope things improve for you.
Thanks, Anna. I have a Hepatologist. I already spoke with her. I am having more blood work done in two weeks. I was just trying to gauge a relative timeline based on what other people have experienced.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you have jaundice you need to see a dr, stat.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

How long sober?
Old 08-09-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey BabyBlues,

I never got full-blown jaundice, but I had itching on and off for about a week after a binge. I had a slew of other uncomfortable symptoms as well, including sweating, muscle spasms, pins and needles, and random burning sensations. Ugh, I didn't even know my body was capable of such things.

I knew a girl who came into detox/rehab while I was there who had jaundice really bad (looked like she had cheap fake tanner on and eyes the color of yellow highlighter marker) and it lasted approximately a week with fluids and vitamin supplements, plus a special diet. I'm glad you are consulting with your doctor, because there are likely measures that need to be taken to suit your specific case.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!
Old 08-10-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
How long sober?
I'm on Day 5. I have a hepatologist because I have a history of medication-induced liver disease. I was recently on a slew of strong antibiotics for an unrelated issue, which brought on the jaundice (just mild yellowing of the eyes)...well in combination with the daily drinking. Stopped the medicine and the alcohol. Drinking tons of water and eating a gross (well to me haha) diet of non-processed foods, lean meat, fruits, veggies and whole grains - no sugar, red meat, etc. Yuk. My body needs its high fructose corn syrup and enriched white flour! Also taking high doses of B vitamins. Whatever helps!
Old 08-10-2018, 01:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Please put a recovery plan in place for when you regain your health, for sustained sobriety.