Notices

Thought I was doing okay today..

Old 08-07-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thought I was doing okay today..

So I posted earlier that I was feeling better than ever today, then the homeless guy showed up at my job today.

Let me back track. Met this homeless guy about 5 weeks ago, invited him to my house for a shower food and a place to stay for the night. Anyway we ended up in a very breef and intense relationship. I gave him 2 weeks to find a job or at least look or he had to go. Well he made absolutely no effort to find one or even look, so I asked him to go. I felt horrible about, because I thought he had a good heart.

Anyway, I dropped him back off on the street and told him I still wanted to be friends and I'd like to see him once a week for a shower and dinner on me - maybe let us get to know eachother better. I drove home, came in and noticed he stole my laptop. I sent him a message letting him know how upset I was with him for doing what he just did after everything I had done for him and that I was thinking about reporting him. He then sent back a threatening message saying that he was gonna have all these gangs get me and that he never cared for me blah, blah, blah. This was the beginning of my last binge .

Back to today, well I see him walking through the lobby to the hotel I work in and I confront him immediately and tell him that he isn't allowed in the hotel. He got really defensive and told me: "If you like your life you better back the f### off me". So I simply looked at him and said: "Keep it movin'. He then turned around after looking at me and said: "Bet". Then he left.

Wow. Sigh. So now I'm sitting here officially waiting for the police to come to my house so I can report him and Protection order against him. I'm over people like this who think they can take advantage of me anymore. I honestly cared about him and it hurt me that he did that, but in the back of my mind I knew he was going to do something shady af.

I don't even know if it will matter if I do any of these reports, I know I'll never get my laptop back and I really don't care about the material things. I do, however, care about the actuons other people make.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This was never going to end well!
Old 08-07-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The crazy part is, I knew that the whole time in the back of my head.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, the police came and I made a report. They said that I can't prove anything about the laptop because i never saw him physically take it. That's fine. They do have him on file now for threatening me and want me to call them if he comes around me again.

I seriously can't believe this is happening in my life. And I was sober the whole time he was here because he didn't like me drinking. I thought he was so great because we didn't have to drink together or do drugs. I'm such a fool.

They suggested that I transfer apartments after I brought it up to them. So I guess I'll be moving soon. I just really hope he doesn't come around me again because I really don't want to do this to him. I truly don't.

Anyway, I'm not gonna drink on this and get through this the right way.

-Nick
Old 08-07-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Be safe
Old 08-07-2018, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you contacted the police and made a report. You won't likely get your laptop back but this guy seems stalkerish scary and you should take care to protect yourself. Does he have access to your apartment? If so, change your locks.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with Anna and think you did the right thing. Moving is probably a good idea as well. I think its good that you understand the situation clearly and knew from the start it was sketchy.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's not that I thought he was sketchy. I knew from what he told me that he was someone with ADHD, someone who was raped from the age of 6 by his father, someone whose mom died of cancer, someone who lived in several foster homes, someone who's lived on the streets for over a year and on and on and on, that he really needed someone that would believe in him - someone that would actually give him a chance. I should have seen the red flag when none of his extended family would let him come around them or help him in any way - and I didn't know what that red flag was because he was obviously hiding something huge from me. I actually don't think I even want to know.

I gave him that chance and he took advantage of me just like my intuition told me he would. So I take ownership of it. I set me up for this. Now I'm over it.

I really do feel bad for him. I genuinely do, but I can't have that around me. Chances are, he won't make the mistake to come around me again, but hey, I said that before. However, I'm not going to take that chance. I'm going to transfer into this apartment asap and move tf on. If he decides he wants to come to my job again, let him. I'll just pretend he doesn't exist - on my life man. I won't call the cops, I don't have to. My work family is so pissed off about this situation, they'll just do it for me.

I'm too good for this, like honestly - way too good. It'll hurt him worse if I let him live his life and pretend like he doesn't exist. Just like everyone else on the streets does to him. Damn I can't believe I just said that. It's because I let him get too close to me.

I'll just pray for him and forgive him. Nothing else I can do.

-Nick