Notices

Day 20 Absence of any Pains

Old 08-07-2018, 01:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 20 Absence of any Pains

I was getting abdominal discomfort and twinges of pain around my gut. 20 days AF and this has completely cleared, I feel things are working normally. I don't know but suspect it was start of pancreatitis.

I thought pancreatitis was due to long term alcohol abuse. Well it is but also there are some people who develop it much more quickly through binging and without a longterm history of drinking. Unlike the liver the pancreas seems to be an organ that suddenly flips a switch from working to not.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gerard52 View Post
I was getting abdominal discomfort and twinges of pain around my gut. 20 days AF and this has completely cleared, I feel things are working normally. I don't know but suspect it was start of pancreatitis.

I thought pancreatitis was due to long term alcohol abuse. Well it is but also there are some people who develop it much more quickly through binging and without a longterm history of drinking. Unlike the liver the pancreas seems to be an organ that suddenly flips a switch from working to not.
Good morning Gerard, glad your stomach is feeling better.

People can get chronic pancreatitis from one night of heavy drinking. The following is an interesting and scary article about some of these individuals:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...e-pancreatitis

J