Notices

Sweats

Old 08-06-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sweats

Hello kind people im on my day number three i had no bigger dtts ... anxiety and depression is mostly situational ... but the sweats i worked out yesterday and today at gym i have like hot flushes during the day suddenly comes suddenly goes and through the night ...wonder is it dtts or hormonal ... how long give myself time before sweats hot flushes go away ... otherwise i ll have to go to doctor ask for blood tests ... thank you
Old 08-06-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Took me 3-10 days depending on how hard I had been drinking.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Without any medical advice intended or given, I always found it took me 5-7 days to get rid of the sweats. They actually used to give me solace - knowing my body was ridding itself of the poison.

Here's to not having to go through that again! Stay strong.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How long did you drink for and in what amount? I'm on day three today after coming off of a five day bender drinking three magnum bottles daily. I sweat today so bad at work, that the sweat was dripping out of my hair and my glasses just kept sliding off of my face. It was absolutely embarrassing as I serve tables for a living.

Usually, my sweats disappear after around day five, but we're all different and this has been a different withdrawal for me. So, super hard to guage - but like I said, for me usually five days.

Keep it movin'! We got this!

-Nick
Old 08-06-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Nick,

Glad to see you're still hanging in there! The sweats are absolutely normal and not typically a sign of DTs, though as others have stated, this is by no means intended as medical advice. In my experience, the sweats lasted for up to a week after my last drink. They would be the worst around day 2 or 3 and slowly lessen after that, but would be very unpredictable in the last 4-5 days. By this I mean they would come on seemingly out of nowhere, sometimes due to stress, temperature change in a room, eating something... you name it. I could basically count on getting the sweats at night while trying to sleep, which was uncomfortable and gross but tolerable. I was drinking hard liquor, usually vodka, and ~1 liter bottle every 2 days while on a bender. Yuck, the very idea just disgusts the heck out of me!

Contrary to popular myths, very little alcohol is actually excreted through your pores. We sweat excessively after a binge because alcohol causes our veins to expand, resulting in irregular body temperature regulation. Keep hydrating yourself and eating fresh food, even if in small amounts. Your body will thank you!
Old 08-06-2018, 01:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you ... my sweats last even after two weeks of being alcohol free... i drank eight beer through whole day for two three days . Maybe it is stress as worst sweats during nightmares or during dreams or before this time a month as i m a female . i wonder if insomnia sweats painful joints depression fatigue that appeared suddenly at 41 alcohol related or alcohol intake was related to not coping with hormones ...whatever i m not back to drinking never ever . I m happy i stopped without medication and acute ddts passed , now need to be patient to deal with psychological dtts and wait day by day to let brain adjust. If sweats stay over month i ll go to doctor. I wonder if anxiety and stress can give sweats at night ...but i was always under stress at work and only started them recently . Thank you for sharing x D
Old 08-06-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Personally it took me two weeks for the sweats to disappear and I still had sweats at a month sober when I ate. It is individual though, and there is a difference between DTs and withdrawal in general. Especially if you suspect Delirium Tremens you really should seek medical attention.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I ruined a flash mattress if rhat makes you feel any better !
Old 08-06-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I never had deliruim tremens thanks God or hallusciations . I drank but im a coward heh i past acute withdrawal ...left with stress that im dealing or avoiding sober. The last cells in my brain still working to tell me this adventure is over . Thanks for all answers i ll monitor the sweats and wait at least month . I m posting here every day and so glad i found this page . It is inspiring or sometimes maybe sharing will help somebody else . X d
Old 08-06-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allishope73 View Post
Thank you ... my sweats last even after two weeks of being alcohol free... i drank eight beer through whole day for two three days . Maybe it is stress as worst sweats during nightmares or during dreams or before this time a month as i m a female . i wonder if insomnia sweats painful joints depression fatigue that appeared suddenly at 41 alcohol related or alcohol intake was related to not coping with hormones ...whatever i m not back to drinking never ever . I m happy i stopped without medication and acute ddts passed , now need to be patient to deal with psychological dtts and wait day by day to let brain adjust. If sweats stay over month i ll go to doctor. I wonder if anxiety and stress can give sweats at night ...but i was always under stress at work and only started them recently . Thank you for sharing x D
I have had lengthy xoerience with this. When I first quit I was 39 and went through an extended period of sweats like I did without rest of my withdrawal problems. I was very sick.

Now, I am 42 and firprobably the last 6-8 mi have been having a terrible and worsening experience with night sweats. As in, some. Uganda change my top up to six times, no dry spot left on pillow,tops of covers soaked, stripping the bed every day....I finally went to dr and yes, did have all my blood work etc done. Early me I was ruled out. Thank I do have low sodium and elevated platelets. Good to know but more specific to the sweats...
I weaned off sleep meds. I also switched my anti depressant to themor I g with the other pr scriptions I take. This seems to be the biggest factor in dramatically reduced sweating. I just sleep in a tank top and underwear and generally don't have to change now - all his has evolved over the last 3-4 wks.

We also got a set of sheets made from a fabric/construction and other bedding that is meant for cooling bodies. The term for what I have is nocturnal hyperhydrosis. I also run dehydrated despite e insane amounts of water I drink, bc of the sweating, so as it evens out I've Gatorade zero on hand for night thirst.

Hope you can find some reli f- if you want specific info on the bed stuff, I can look it up on Amazon and tell you what we got.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

About 5 days for me. Still on occasion. I bought a mini fan with a usb cord and I plugged it into my computer. I turned it on when I would feel warm in order to keep myself dry...helped a lot. Keeping ice water nearby also helps.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweats are very normal and if that's the only symptom you have I think common sense dictates you can rule out DTs

D
Old 08-07-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Dee i think you are right
... its fourth day AF and sweats reduced so deffinitelly dtos ... bring another day xD