Notices

Another weekend ruined

Old 08-04-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another weekend ruined

Friday the end of the working week 2 days off. So what do I do very Friday? The answer is to get so drunk that it ruins my whole weekend. Last night was no exception and I feel very deppressed today and suffering anxiety. Life is a big unpleasant struggle. How many more years must I endure this misery?
Old 08-04-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to sr.

You don't have to endure this for any more years . You can stop now and make this your ladt drunken wasted weekend
Old 08-04-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You are the one putting yourself in this misery. You can stop drinking and end the misery. The choice is yours.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why'd you drink again knowing the outcome and what are you actively doing, to not do that to yourself?
Old 08-04-2018, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Highercall View Post
How many more years must I endure this misery?
You don't have to go through another second if you make the right choice to stop drinking. If you don't, it just keeps getting worse and worse.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah, I know Fridays are rough. Have some other things planned for a Friday, so you don't come straight home and have to fight the obsession. Swimming is good. I got in the habit of having massages on a Friday afternoon, which helped but it gets pricey. Anything to break the drinking routine. You can do it!
Old 08-04-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's a decision- One day at a time. I'm on day 106 and I can tell you it is so worth it..
Old 08-04-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm so glad hangovers and drinking is not on my agenda
We've all been there ... but there comes a day when you tell yourself enough is enough
Why not make this your day
You've nothing to loose and everything to gain

Cara x
Old 08-04-2018, 01:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You will endure it for as long as you continue to make the choice to drink on a Friday night. Why not choose differently starting today? You can do it. It's not easy, it may be hard, it may be really hard in fact. But after some time you will look back and realize it was all worth it.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's great that you recognize the MISERY you have with drinking and getting drunk. To me, that's essential.

Now: Can you buy into the concept that you have a choice in the matter? Because you DO. You can choose to keep buying into the misery or you can choose to opt out. The power of choice. It's there for the taking. You CAN choose right for yourself.

There are choices and at times it feels like there "viable" choices/options. Don't be deceived by the AV which would like to narrow your choice down to getting drunk.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's hard to let go of the old ways - TGIF - time to party & relax. Long after it was 'fun' to get wasted, I kept insisting it still could be. I lost years of my life. Once I got sober, weekends became peaceful & something to savor. I had thought they'd be boring & pointless - but I was so wrong. Give yourself a chance to get free, Highercall.