Notices

Helpppp

Old 07-30-2018, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Helpppp

Im about to leave work and after a stressful day I really want to drink. My job is closing in two weeks, I may lose everything I own, and on top of that I maybe prego.. Im 40 years old 😭😭 all because I was drunk and had unprotected sex with this moron... im super stressed today. All i want is a damn drink and cig!! Help me reason guys. I think i may fold..
Old 07-30-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's good you posted. Only you can save yourself.

It's clear you want the peace, confidence and strength that come from sobriety. So don't drink today. Give yourself that, you deserve it.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for coming here first!!!!

1. If you are pregnant, drinking is a terrible IDEA!!!!!! DON'T
2. Drinking will solve 0 problems you are currently facing. Staying clear-minded you can work through this and find resolve.
3. Get to a meeting, if that is your thing. It could be super helpful

It'll get better as long as you stay sober.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Toni,

My suggestion is to take a pregnancy test right away so you know for sure. And, this gives you a really important reason to not drink.

I'm sorry about losing your job. I hope that you can find another job quickly, but I'm sure it's stressful.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I say this kindly; You seem to pop in here from time to time with excuses you "want to" and do drink. What are you actively doing towards sobriety that involes actions/self truths? Apparently just posting here before and then drinking isn't working for you. Have you checked out some meetings of anykind?
Old 07-30-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Toni - Please don't do that to yourself. Don't heap more misery on top of what you're already going through. Keep a clear head to deal with things. We always think we're calming ourselves down when we drink - but we're only adding to our anxiety. I hope you'll keep posting.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

As you well know, drinking won't help any situation. It will actually make things worse. Do a pregnancy test to determine if you actually are, and then go from there. But don't drink!
Old 07-30-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by tonisherrell View Post
Im about to leave work and after a stressful day I really want to drink. My job is closing in two weeks, I may lose everything I own, and on top of that I maybe prego.. Im 40 years old 😭😭 all because I was drunk and had unprotected sex with this moron... im super stressed today. All i want is a damn drink and cig!! Help me reason guys. I think i may fold..
I'm not sure how we might help you "reason" Toni. Addiction doesn't listen to it anyway. Re-read your post for a second - you just had unprotected sex because you were drunk and think you might be pregnant, so your solution is to drink again? If that's not a good enough reason to stay sober I cannot fathom one that would be any more convincing. How about that you might destroy the life of an unborn human being if you do drink?

Maybe instead you need to start simply accepting your problem and seeking some much needed help for it. Like rehab or therapy or a combination of both?
Old 07-30-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

All i want is a damn drink and cig!! Help me reason guys. I think i may fold..
not sure if i can, but has drinking done anything to help in the past? has drinking solved anything?
this is why it has been stressed to have a plan and even you said you need to come up with one- you knew life on lifes terms had to have new coping mechanisms.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...50th-time.html (Day 1 for the 50th time)
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...1862-plan.html (Plan)

NOW is the time to NOT drink and get into action with a plan of recovery- recovery cant start without that. dealing with life on lifes terms cant happen by taking another drink when life on lifes terms comes up.
its understandble,too, by all of us; we had to learn new ways to handle life on lifes terms and that meant going THROUGH some seriously pizz poor feelings/emotions without drinking.

this isnt something a drink will make better. Annas suggestion of taking a pregnancy test ASAP is awesome- find out the facts.
youre job is closing- will you qualify for unemployment? have you been looking for another job?
Old 07-30-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

p.s.
youre worth sobriety and recovery and sobriety and recovery is worth fighting for
Old 07-30-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I made it home, but think i will go out and get a test. At least I can find out the results right away and start looking at my options.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Get the morning after pill.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Toni - sorry for all the upheaval in your life. The way through rough seas , as others here have said, is steady calm and sober, not impulsive anxious and drinking.

Maybe its time for a definite recovery plan? things you can do every day and stick to?

D
Old 07-30-2018, 10:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If you decide to drink...please wait until after you know your pregnant or not! When i suspected i was pregnant years ago, my husband told me you can drink tomorrow, after you find out your not..well i was..and i thank God every day that i didnt drink that day. Can you be okay with yourself knowing you may cause harm to a baby? I hope ot works out with your job.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Glad you went out to get the test. Many hugs to you either way on the results. And like others I too am terribly sorry about your job. Sounds like in your heart of hearts you also know drinking won’t fix anything but it’s hard to break that “screw it” mentality once things feel challenging. But you can do it. Your chances of losing everything, of doing things you will later regret, etc. go way up when you drink. Right now you’re at “may” lose everything. Boozing through this tough time gets you a lot closer to “will” lose everything because you won’t have the presence of mind you need to really explore options. You CAN do this.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going Toni?

D
Old 07-31-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Found out im not pregnant 😆😆 thanks guys for helping me through. Glad i didnt drink over it. I still have to deal with my job issue, but glad I dont have to deal with being pregnant also. Soooo glad I didnt drink but think! I definitely would've regretted it. I was so freaked out for nothing 😅 heres to day 7
Old 07-31-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Phew! On multiple counts. Way to go on day 7. Keep on going!
Old 07-31-2018, 05:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonisherrell View Post
I was so freaked out for nothing �� heres to day 7
I hope you understand where I'm coming from with this next comment.. it really is intended to help and provide some more fuel for you to keep building momentum.

But.

You weren't freaked out for nothing. You were freaked out because of the potential and very serious consequences of things we've all done while drunk. Your AV will tell you it was nothing. But I bet deep down in the authentic you it scared you to the core for good reason.

Those emotions, fear, anxiety, etc.. are there for a good reason. They've evolved to keep us alive and to instruct us on what NOT to do to ourselves. Use it! It can be powerful fuel, especially in the early days, to keep building a good foundation of sober days as you start sorting out the other stuff.

Good on ya for not drinking!

Best to you-

B