Notices

Newcomer

Old 07-29-2018, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer

Hello, I have been struggling with admitting I have a drinking problem. After realizing it’s been two years I been saying “ this is the last time I’m drinking “ I have accepted that I do have a problem. I drink once a week maybe twice but when I say drink I mean DRINK. I’m am current struggling with shame and sadness . I have no support as I am not willing to admit my issue to anyone I know just yet. I thought this forum can provide me with some support to make the changes in my life I so desperately crave.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You've come to a good place for support and understanding. I hope you can use this site to get sober for good. Admitting there's a problem is a big first step.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard 2620Arcad
You'll find a ton of support an good ideas here.

Are you prepared to makes changes in your life about what you do for fun and who with, and how you deal with lifes problems?

I think that's a necessary step for most of us- it will mean questions tho?

D
Old 07-30-2018, 03:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Support

Of course I will do whatever I need to do . I just need assistance decided what is it exactly I need to do. Making changes about how I have fun sounds like a great and beneficial one. I would also love a sponsor but not sure how I’m gonna find one if I don’t take my behind to a meeting .
Old 07-30-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi again (posted on your other thread). Definitely sounds like you are ready to make some good changes. I am not aware of a way to find a sponsor without going to a meeting but maybe there is something out there. I will say if you stick around here and read a lot you will get a lot of sage advice and cautionary tales. And support. If you come on here or in a chat room (I still haven’t figured these out but I think there are stickies that explain them) BEFORE you take a drink if you are feeling tempted you will get a lot of smart people who have learned the lesson the hard way who will encourage you in a healthier direction. All the best to you. Keep coming back!
Old 07-30-2018, 08:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will definitely do that.
Thank you
Old 07-30-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You will find lots of support here.

This is a link with ideas about Recovery Programs and tips from our members about what they did to stop drinking and recover:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html