Notices

Three weeks

Old 07-28-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three weeks

So I made it to 3 weeks and boy did I have a lot of temptations this week . Went out three nights in a row which is very rare for me . I have 2 children that I don’t share custody with so I very rarely get a break.
I am proud that I made thru without a drink . One night was a concert and I smelled wine everywhere! They were selling it by the bottle . Another night was a bday celebration for me with some friends. I have found a new non alcoholic fav a mojito which a never drank with alcohol !
Anyway thanks for all the inspiration 🙏🙏🙏 I cant wait to make it to one month .
Old 07-28-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on three weeks. That's huge,
Good for you for resisting the temptations at your events.
Keep it up, you're a miracle in the making.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on three weeks Skipper,
Keep it up and you will have a month before you know it. Just get on here and start reading and posting whenever you are having a bad day.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 weeks skipper - hope this week is easier on you socialwise

D
Old 07-29-2018, 02:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is great that you joining in social activities AF. That will build a solid foundation and burn the illusion that alcohol is required. In my past AF periods i avoided social activities, I need to experience them.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Three weeks is great...one month is better!
Looks like you made it through some pretty nasty temptations! You are strong! Good for you!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you are here. I definitely didn't do anything to test myself for a long time, and by the time any activity might have been such, it wasn't because I had Recovery under me.

Are you working a program to sustain you through life and it's free time, opportunities and potential challenges? Three weeks is a great start, and a perfect time to gain sober muscles.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for the encouraging words it really does make a difference . Other than getting on here and being very open with everyone around me about my sobriety I’m not doing anything else .
I did find my old journal from last year when I was starting over once again. One if the things that is motivating me this time is my age . I just turned 50 and I k ow all that drinking is going to catch up with me .
I really need to be here and be healthy for several reasons but mostly for my daughters who don’t have a good relationship with their father . Thanks again !!!!
Old 07-29-2018, 12:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on three weeks sober!
Old 07-29-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skipper123 View Post
I did find my old journal from last year when I was starting over once again. One if the things that is motivating me this time is my age . I just turned 50 and I k ow all that drinking is going to catch up with me .
Congratulations on three weeks!! Go, you!! I'm a decade older and a week behind you and I'm here to tell you that it does catch up with you in big and little ways after 50. You gain five pounds here and five pounds there. Ooh. Look. Now you're 50 lbs overweight. And your blood pressure is up. Now you take two pills a day for that. Then there's your stomach, which is getting very persnickety about what you eat. There's a pill for that too. Then you wake up in the middle of the night with a racing heart from too much alcohol and you wonder if you have AFIB and you've really screwed yourself this time. Do yourself a favor and keep on the path you're taking. I guarantee when you hit 60, you'll be looking and feeling amazing and a real role model for your kids.