Notices

To little to late

Old 07-25-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To little to late

I went to university in 2012 and was just became part of the drinking culture regularly out drinking 2-3 times a week but I always hit the the gym had my days off and didn't drink during the summer off but at some point it took over I'd say 4 years ago I started drinking in the mornings, on pay day each month I would get up early head to the pub sit at the bar and drink there till it shut, I'd black out weekly and drink daily. I'd say I drank 8 to ten pints of beer every day, I started to worry about my health about a year ago noticed that I had diherra everyday and one day 2 months later I woke up and vomited blood scariest moment of my life I'll tell you straight to a and e (ER) I went, luckily I had just vomited so hard I had torn my throat but boy did I think I had liver failure and that was it for me I haven't touched booze since. The alchol though has ****** me up I still have the squits everyday 10 months sober and the Drs haven't worked out why ct, ultrasounds, lft and a colonoscopy but Jesus it worrying and there is always the nagging thought it your liver. I guess i dreamed sobriety would have me happy healthy and back into to shape instead I just live in constant fear of what I have done to myself
Old 07-25-2018, 08:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 months. Sounds like you’re having a rough go though! People’s bodies recover at different rates. You’re doing the right thing going to the doctor. Working a program to have sobriety has really helped me with the anxiety too. You shouldn’t have to live life with these fears all the time. It’s good you quit because if you’d kept drinking you’d be in a much worse situation. I hope things get straightened out for you.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

+1, 10 months is great.

Going to a doctor is very smart, I've known people with fairly serious G/I issues that took a while to sort out- and they weren't heavy or binge drinkers. I also infer from your 'uni in 12' comment that you're pretty young:
Plenty of time to get it all sorted, hang in there!
Old 07-25-2018, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

10 months well done. Wishing you well getting to the bottom of health issues.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Could it be a food intolerance? Maybe try an elimination diet, leave out dairy for a while, if that’s not it wheat
Old 07-25-2018, 11:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 10 months Whiskertron, excellent. I would get some blood tests done and see if anything turns up in the results. I'm no doctor but I feel sure it is not down to your former drinking.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It’s unliikely to have caused you any permanent problems (though obviously only all of the proper medical tests can confirm that). Working a recovery program really helps to get your head cleared and looking forward to embracing and enjoying life again. Check out some AA meetings and read the book Alcoholics Anonymous (free online). It’s a proper proven method for getting alkies recovered and back out embracing life and really enjoying living on this planet.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mattri View Post
+1, 10 months is great.

Going to a doctor is very smart, I've known people with fairly serious G/I issues that took a while to sort out- and they weren't heavy or binge drinkers. I also infer from your 'uni in 12' comment that you're pretty young:
Plenty of time to get it all sorted, hang in there!
Yer I am 25 years old
Old 07-26-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You've got your whole life ahead of you bud, you've made the right call and are on the right track.

I'm 38 and would love to have the last 13 years back.

Nobody's life is perfect but only you can make yours better.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Whisk,

Ongoing issues helped me quit this far as well. As I have gotten better, the crave has come back little by little.

I am optimistic your issues will heal, and then it will be up to you if you want to dance with the fire water ever again.

For me, I have a nice tall glass of water from now on. I will leave the boozing to my buddies that haven't had the medical issues elevate like ours have.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Whisk,

Ongoing issues helped me quit this far as well. As I have gotten better, the crave has come back little by little.

I am optimistic your issues will heal, and then it will be up to you if you want to dance with the fire water ever again.

For me, I have a nice tall glass of water from now on. I will leave the boozing to my buddies that haven't had the medical issues elevate like ours have.

Thanks.
Trust me I have had months of terror if I have managed to avoid the cirrhosis I will never risk my liver again not a single drop of booze was worth dying for
Old 07-27-2018, 12:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had GI issues for a long time. I eventually replaced my fridge and the issues cleared up, so it really can be anything.

Hope you get to the bottom of things, Whiskeytron (not pun intended)

D
Old 07-27-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I had GI issues for a long time. I eventually replaced my fridge and the issues cleared up, so it really can be anything.

Hope you get to the bottom of things, Whiskeytron (not pun intended)

D
God I hope your right everyday is a nightmare and the fear make enjoying life impossible