Notices

Bought one bottle

Old 07-23-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bought one bottle

I had to go to the chemist and when I checked the bottle shop was now open. I bought one bottle but are now not even enjoying it considering I felt much better today. I woke up at 245am so maybe I was wanting to calm my anxiety and forget my exes death. My dietitian told me to drink a glass of water with every glass so I am full already. Knew payday would be a bitch. Got loads of healthy food and billls are paid.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you bought the bottle - what good is it doing you tho - you'll only want more. Dump the rest sweetichick.

D
Old 07-23-2018, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

what's it gonna take, sweeti? the health scare didn't do it, the upcoming tests didn't do it, having to record what you consume for your dietitian didn't do it. planning to pay your bills first didn't do it. you still made the decision to buy alcohol.

no outside force is going to stop you. do you WANT to stop drinking for good? really want to? cuz the solution is so simple really.....but it requires a 100% commitment by YOU to not drink again ever. and doing whatever it takes to honor your commitment.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear it Sweetichick. Hope you can find the resolve to dump the rest.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wish you would've come here first, Sweetchick.

Please dump the rest. I hate to see you hurting yourself like this.

Tomorrow is a new day, perhaps a new start?
Old 07-23-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok I dumped it. Might just go have a nap and restart my day. Seeing neurologist next Monday so binge ends now. Thanks so much for your support Dee don't know what I would do otherwise.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
what's it gonna take, sweeti? the health scare didn't do it, the upcoming tests didn't do it, having to record what you consume for your dietitian didn't do it. planning to pay your bills first didn't do it. you still made the decision to buy alcohol.

no outside force is going to stop you. do you WANT to stop drinking for good? really want to? cuz the solution is so simple really.....but it requires a 100% commitment by YOU to not drink again ever. and doing whatever it takes to honor your commitment.
I don't know Anvil. It was just too easy to breeze in and out. I honestly think I need rehab but have checked and don't have the funds. I should have skipped the chemist but desperately needed diabetes testing strips. Maybe a different shopping centre next pay. You are right I am not fully committed.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Our stories disclose in a general way what we used to be like, what happened, and what we are like now. If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it -then you are ready to take certain steps.

At some of these we balked. We thought we could find an easier, softer way. But we could not. With all the earnestness at our command, we beg of you to be fearless and thorough from the very start. Some of us have tried to hold on to our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely.

you can find excuses every single day,sweeti. youve been doing that since youve been here. many people here have been going through quite similar experiences as you have during your time here with one exception- not using the experiences as excuses to drink.
i think thats because they decided to fight for their lives. decided to try something new because their was wasnt workin. they started facing life on lifes terms and ask how to do that when things got tough. they trudged through some serious crap,too. deaths of loved ones,divorces, houses falling apart, loss of jobs,..... ya know- that lif e on lifes terms stuff the majority of the world does without drinking yet we just didnt know how.
until we learned.
sweeti, youre the only one the excuses are working for any more and i dont think even you believe the excuses any more.
now, hows about that big book and meetings again?
Old 07-24-2018, 02:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you dumped it Sweetichick

D
Old 07-24-2018, 05:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you dumped it, Sweetichick. If you don't have funds for rehab, AA is free and has helped me a lot in the past. Just being face to face with people who really get it, have succeeded or are still struggling offers me a lot of hope. I am rooting for you and wish you all the best.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Sweetichick,

A few really positive steps in this post. I'm glad you dumped it, and I think your idea of going somewhere else to shop next time is a good one. Your bills are paid, and you have healthy food in the house.

There are some free options for rehab depending on where you live, and what kind of insurance you have, it may be worth looking into. If not, stick with AA for now, the meetings seemed to be helping.

What are your plans for today?
Old 07-24-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you decided to drink again, Sweeti.