# 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Self-care Sunday

What does your self-care look like?
Old 07-22-2018, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Mine, today:

- asking for help (aka: not doing everything myself)

- doubling up a heavy load to get through some things quicker

- planning relaxation time

- being in safe places and recognizing how big this is
Old 07-22-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I see my therapist on Sunday afternoons. That helps me immensely.
I have spent my evening reading some of the SR stickies. 😊 entering this week with a new slate, hoping that it is better than last week was!
Old 07-23-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome night out with friends on Friday.

Family day on Saturday - we helped my BFF with a big project & then the 3 of us saw the new Jurassic World.

I binged a new show on hulu all day Sunday.

Napped for an hour and a half.

Made my favorite dinner. Had my favorite ice cream for dessert later.

Finished painting & cleaning & setting everything back up in my bedroom.... I LOVE the new color & the fact that it was done right & completed. (not left 90% done)

I finished all of my chores over the weekend so I could wake up on Monday morning with nothing that HAD to be done/clean slate. That gave me a great head start this morning!
Old 07-23-2018, 09:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So far... having one evening a week alone to do whatever I want to do ��. That was supposed to be the sunglasses smiling emoji. :-)
Old 07-23-2018, 10:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My child was at my parents' house from Friday eve to Sunday morning so I was able to take more time to focus on myself. I had a big night out with work friends on Friday which was really fun and gave me the chance to enjoy myself, something which feels sadly lacking at home of late! Saturday wasn't very productive but I took a walk in the sunshine, napped in the afternoon, watched some trashy TV. On Sunday I went down to my parents' house to pick my child up and we played together and went for a walk when we got back home. Things are stressful at home right now but it didn't feel as bad as it could have done because I had the time to spend doing what I could to make myself feel better.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Enjoying today one breath at a time. Yoga breathing. Staying in the moment, right where my feet are.

Plans with kid for some friendly/competitive play time.

Slept in late, ate some leftover chicken enchiladas for an early lunch and now greatly enjoying a bulletproof coffee.

#thankyougod #lifeisgood #supersoulsunday
Old 07-29-2018, 11:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Preparing the week. Precooking, sorting things, to dos, workout. Gives me the feeling of some control. Walking for 2 hours. Got to bed not to late. Reading SR .
Old 07-29-2018, 08:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Celebrated my birthday and my son's birthday Sat. (he was born on my birthday 8 years ago) by going to Main Event with AH, son, and son's friend. We'll throw him a "real party" next weekend at the community pool w/friends.

Ate chocolate cake.

Ran on the treadmill for 3 miles.

Ate more chocolate cake (I don't keep sweets in the house, they're too good).

Found a used piano on Craig's List since learning piano has been on my bucket list for quite some time. Well, it's more like an "almost digital" piano, priced at $150, but enough to mess around on.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

Happy Birthday, clarity!!

Old 07-30-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Awww, thank you Mango!! :-) :thank you.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I visited my hometown over the weekend. The seminary there has completely redone the grotto, it is now a beautiful and peaceful place to just find calm. I walked the dog there, then went over to the cemetery to see the stone of a family friend that was just installed. It was lovely. Went to a restaurant that a hometown friend owns, it was so good. It was a very calm time and was nice spending time in my hometown.

I went to church yesterday. It was a great service with the kids involved, I love seeing that. Went to a nice lunch with family after. I then came home and cleaned. Not fun, but necessary and saves me from having to go home after work today and do it.

I am really having to work on this self care thing. I find I spend so much time taking care of my household and my kids that I don't focus on myself or any of my own needs. Making that shift in your mind is hard.

I am getting ready to lead a small group at church with a friend. This is something I am really looking forward to so I will fulfill my commitment to myself to read my lessons, etc.

I'm working on it!
Old 08-12-2018, 08:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is good

Drank beet juice today, from a powder. A new adventure in culinary powdered foods-- thinking of backpacking and NASA. Flavor & texture are a bit iffy, yet the extra energy is well worth it!

Played with kid and puppy.

Listened to upbeat music.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I went to see my son in rehab. He will be out in 12 days and then he will be homeless, without a job or food or anything. I had told him before that I was done helping him. I have been crying since. This is so hard........
Old 08-12-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life is good

I had told him before that I was done helping him.

Is this for your own self-care? It's okay to let him be responsible for himself. Projecting that he isn't capable of caring for himself isn't helpful for you or him. I get it. I've been there. (((hugs)))

There are many resources for ourselves and for our loved ones. Sticking to taking care of ourselves can be very healing.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Going to the gym or reading a book.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Working in the flower garden. So much peace and beautiful rewards.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Life is good

Praying. Meditating. Spending time listing gratitudes.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Went to lunch with my kids after church. Ran a couple of errands. THEN....went home to my happy place downstairs and watched a couple of movies under my new snuggly blanket. I splurged on a really nice one!

I also cooked a healthy dinner for my children and myself. We have been eating lots of junky food b/c we have been on the run so much. I then saved leftovers for a healthy lunch at work today.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

What I did this weekend for self care...

Friday
Ordered myself a small pizza from Dominos so I didn't have to cook and started on an embroidery project after my son went to bed!

Saturday
It was such a beautiful day! I acknowledged and appreciated that. I started taking some vitamin supplements that will hopefully help me. I took my son to the park and met RAH there, so I don't know how much "Self care" was involved in that but I did enjoy watching my son play and it was nice to have another adult to follow him around so I could sit down some. I went to dinner with son and in-laws and had a glass of wine and a good meal!

Sunday
I was feeling sad and angry on Sunday for some reason. Just the waves of emotions to be expected, I guess. Anyway, after my son went down for a nap -- instead of cleaning-- I allowed myself to lay on my bed and just FEEL for a while. I ended up crying but it felt good. Then I put on some makeup and went on with my day a little less angry and sad. I snuggled up with a blanket and watched some trashy Bravo reality shows after my son went to bed