Notices

Day 4

Old 07-22-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Was fine yesterday and this morning then hit with a wave of anxiety and sadness. I am riding it and know logically it is just temporary. AA this evening tomorrow I will get to the gym and get on the treadmill.

Less than 3 weeks ago I was feeling ok until the binge. 2 weeks 700ml vodka a day has really knocked it out of me. This has certainly taught me a lesson that my mind and body don't want to this anymore. It is like an aeroplane going through a thunder storm.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Gerard,

Well done for getting to day 4. Those waves of anxiety and sadness can be nasty but as you say it will pass. 3 weeks ago ago you were feeling ok so it hopefully won't be long until you're feeling ok again.

The storm will pass and clearer skies lie ahead.

Take care,

J
Old 07-22-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good work! Keep going.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 4 days Gerard. The up and down mood swings in early recovery are a pain but you are doing the right things in exercising and going to AA. Keeping hydrated is good too.

Good luck!
Old 07-22-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found Day 3/4 to be tough to get past. I hope you will wake up tomorrow feeling better about things and ready to keep going.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Back from AA meeting feeling much better. It is good to have face to face with people in same situation.

The main share was talking about how it took him 3 attempts in AA before he managed 5 years AF. The interesting thing he said after his first stint at AA and going back drinking. The initial AA experience had planted a seed in his head against drinking that enabled him to be 5 years AF.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gerard52 View Post
Was fine yesterday and this morning then hit with a wave of anxiety and sadness. I am riding it and know logically it is just temporary. AA this evening tomorrow I will get to the gym and get on the treadmill.

Less than 3 weeks ago I was feeling ok until the binge. 2 weeks 700ml vodka a day has really knocked it out of me. This has certainly taught me a lesson that my mind and body don't want to this anymore. It is like an aeroplane going through a thunder storm.
Hi Gerard, great job on Day 4. You’ve got this. Take it a day at a time. The gym sounds like a great idea. Keep on pushing and you will be in a great mental place soon.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through. When you feel like you're at the bottom, the only way to go is up. Congratulations on getting to day 4!!