Notices

Starting a new journey

Old 07-20-2018, 12:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting a new journey

A little over a week ago, I decided to stop drinking at home and when I am alone. When I am in a social situation, like dinner with friends, I maybe have two drinks and that's all. For at least the last decade, I have been drinking as much as a pint of scotch in the evenings at home.

During the past week, I've had no urge to drink. I also have not suffered any detox symptoms. However, I have more energy , am doing more and I feel better emotionally.

Just a little while ago I looked in the mirror and noticed some changes in my appearance. For one thing my nose looks less fat....weird. Also, my cheeks appear to be less puffy. I have lost about 7 lbs. Which is okay, but I'll need to watch this because I tend to be pretty lean anyway.

When I was 29 years old I quit smoking after having been a heavy smoker for the previous 11 years. I've never had a cigarette since nor have I craved them. Hopefully, changing my drinking habits will be as easy as quiting smoking was.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

I wish you well with it, Jo

Unfortunately whatever new ways of drinking I tried - drinking with friends, drinking alone, drinking only when eating, moving from beer to wine, alternating with water, NA beer - it might be a day a week or a month or two but I always ended up back at the same point - drinking too much.

I hope your story is different - have you tried any kind of cutting back or limitation before?

D