Keep on keepin' on...

Old 07-17-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keep on keepin' on...

That's what I'm trying to do this week. It's week two of not living at home. I'm going to Al Anon, therapy and trying to be honest with AH about how I feel.

He is still resistant to go to AA or rehab. He sees his counselor for the first time on Friday.

My heart wants to go home, but my rational mind says stay away. I have a plan, staying at various friends while they're on vacation, watering plants and dog sitting. AH will find a place to stay for the last week of July and then he goes to see his family in early August (I was supposed to go, but decided not to since we're not living together), and I will have my house and dog during that time.

I keep telling him that I don't want to make any plans for the future until we see how things progress. He should focus on him and I will focus on me and then we can reconvene and decide where to go.

I met with our deacon from church, I have done everything I can to maintain sanity. It's now up to him to decide to put in the work to get better.

On the work front, I got a big promotion, it's more money, and a lot more responsibility. The good thing is, I know I can take care of myself if we don't end up together down the line.

Hope you're all having a good week! Sending lots of good energy and vibes into cyberspace for us all!
Old 07-17-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Sounds like a great plan and a good direction!

One day at a time.

Let go & let God.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Grassalley…...good idea to keep your head in charge for the next forseeable future...because your heart is too vulnerable to trust, right now....
Maybe, write on a piece of paper the top worst things about the relationship that have hurt you....keep it with you at all times. Read it every time you get weak in the knees....even if it is a hundred times a day...lol....That will keep your "head" in charge...
I did this once...I carried it in my bra. It became very worn and smudged (from tears and coffee)…...
Old 07-25-2018, 11:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Just posted on your other thread, then recalled this one!
Old 07-26-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Follow your head, not your heart. Big hugs!
Old 09-02-2018, 02:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Bump!

How are you? Thinking of you.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Bump!

How are you? Thinking of you.