Notices

Detox for Binge drinker

Old 07-14-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox for Binge drinker

Hi
I was a huge binge drinker, been sober 3 days, should I go to detox , I feel like the reason why I relapse is the lack of stability with just going to meetings am I wrong about this? I go to meetings but I work graveyard shift and meetings are scarce in the suburbs . I have made 88 days sober before, I have done over 35 and 47 days as well but I always relapse. Have I ignored my bottom am I waiting for a new one. My last episode drinking I blacked out and I do not recall the last 3 hours this has me terrified. It's my first alcoholic blackout. I have had partials before but this one was the worst no recollection of 3 hours and I drive my car which I have always had the sense not to drive and walk home I matter how drunk I got. It seems like my body takes over and does not listen to common sense lately while I have been drinking. I have also been drinking on little sleep if any , it seems like my body craves the combination of no sleep with the alcohol. I need help any advice.
Old 07-14-2018, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bunchie - if you're concerned about any aspect of your health then seeing a doctor is a good idea.

I'm not in AA but most of the people I know here who are and have strong long term recovery do tend to be those doing the 12 steps with a sponsor.

D
Old 07-14-2018, 02:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by bunchie View Post
Hi
I was a huge binge drinker, been sober 3 days, should I go to detox , I feel like the reason why I relapse is the lack of stability with just going to meetings am I wrong about this?
Wrong about the term. Detox is to get past the physical dependence on alcohol. Since you mention not getting enough help from meetings, I am guessing you mean in patient rehab.

If you think it will help, by all means go. Get sober. Alcoholism only gets worse. Quit before you do something terrible in a blackout, before it progresses to every day drinking.