Notices

When things go wrong, don’t go wrong with them

Old 07-13-2018, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When things go wrong, don’t go wrong with them

I saw this on a license plate today and love the saying. I will remind myself of this anytime things are going wrong so that I don’t start drinking again and go wrong with them.

So many people here have said stay away from that first drink. That is so helpful and important to remember too.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
J50

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
I saw this on a license plate today and love the saying. I will remind myself of this anytime things are going wrong so that I don’t start drinking again and go wrong with them.

So many people here have said stay away from that first drink. That is so helpful and important to remember too.
Good message! It reminds me of this quote by Charles Swindoll:

"We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes.”

Drinking will numb us for a bit, but the problems don't go away.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I like the saying Let go or be dragged. It reminds me that not all things are meant to be.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I like the saying Let go or be dragged. It reminds me that not all things are meant to be.
That's one of my favourites too. I used to dwell on things and couldn't let things go and accept things as they are. This quote helped massively.

Still something I am working on, but it has got a lot better. All these quotes mentioned are brilliant, but the thread title is a new one. Will remember that as it is wonderful