Notices

Feel strong to quit

Old 07-11-2018, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel strong to quit

Well here again, posting another quitting post. But something is different for me this time.

I've still been drinking a litre of wine a day, but I've managed to have a few days off here and there recently. However the last few weeks I have had a full/swollen feeling in my right side and a very tight sensation in my bladder.

Last two times I have drunk, the normal amount, my hangovers have been incredibly bad. Normally I get none

I have toyed with the idea of seeing the doctor but I am sure he thinks I am a hypochondriac due to me going in often but he knows nothing of my drinking.

But the last few days I've been reading a lot of blogs etc and something in me feels different. I feel very determined to quit. So in a couple of weeks time, if the pains etc sre still there I'll go to the dr.

Let's see what happens, but I feel much stronger than ever before
Old 07-11-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you are back and determined to stop drinking. I think the effects of drinking on our bodies increases as time goes by. It's good you are open to talking to your doctor.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi vinono. We definitely have to be ready. Long before I quit, I knew I needed to. I just didn't have the motivation. Sounds like you have it now. Let's do this.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you are back. Finally being honest with my dr, then those I needed to go to like a liver dr, was one of the things that saved my life; the other was AA. I was finally done, and started this much better life.

Best to you.