Notices

Job closing

Old 07-02-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Job closing

Just was told our building is closing. Im devastated in a way, but in another way im relieved.. but more scared I wont find another job. I have bills and kids to take care of. All I can think about is going home opening a bottle of wine and downing it.. i know it wont help, but I need to just for tonight. Sorry
Old 07-02-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tonisherrell,
THank you for posting.

In the past three months I have had my job eliminated and failed two actuarial exams. I’m feeling a bit like a failure but I’m glad to be stone cold sober.

Sending you positive energy.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonisherrell View Post
Just was told our building is closing. Im devastated in a way, but in another way im relieved.. but more scared I wont find another job. I have bills and kids to take care of. All I can think about is going home opening a bottle of wine and downing it.. i know it wont help, but I need to just for tonight. Sorry
A few months ago you took off of work and started drinking at 10am. Was that in preparation for the closing of your building? Were you scared that you wouldn't find another job then?

And the fact that you have kids to take care of sounds like about the worst excuse to start drinking again.

Stay strong and sober. It's good you posted here before drinking.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sucks that is happening, but positive thinking can take away a lot of anxiety. I know every time I lost a job I got really depressed but I did manage to find another one and so will you.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i know it wont help, but I need to just for tonight. Sorry

you know it wont help so you dont NEED to- you WANT to.
please dont do it- you might not be able to get sober again.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

alcohol will not solve anything. it won't even make you feel better. it will make everything worse.
you have kids at home, right? when they suffer disappointment, what do you guide them to do?

this is a No Matter What moment....as in Just For Today, I will not drink, No Matter WHAT.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear!! I’m going through the same thing... keep your head up. One drink will amplify all your problems. I’ve lost every thing these past few months, my sobriety is all I have.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear about your job Toni - and I understand the fear - but this is the perfect opportunity to prove to yourself that you don't actually need to drink at all.

Life can be scary and sad and cruel and unfair - but we can get through anything without drinking

I hope you reconsidered that bottle of wine.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Think it thru Toni! You know what the outcome will be. Be strong!
Old 07-02-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't think being worried about future finances is a justifiable reason to spend money on wine. Pretty sure you know that too.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you drink tonight, you'll wake up feeling bad and the problems will still be there. Best to stay sober and solve them instead of drinking to avoid them.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Please don't take that drink. It won't help you with any of the issues that you've described, and you'll be adding unnecessary anxiety to the fear you're already feeling. Think about how much better you'll feel tomorrow when you've awoken to find that you made the decision to face the day sober!
Old 07-02-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Toni, you can get through this and you will be stronger. You need to be sober now and do what you need to do for you and your family. Stay strong!
Old 07-02-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Toni,

You can get through this sober, drinking will only make you feel worse tomorrow. You can do this!!!