Notices

Help - day 2

Old 07-02-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Help - day 2

Well its day 2, I was ok until about an hour ago and Im climbing the walls now, I didn't sleep last night and one minute I was sweating, the other I was curled up under my quilt shivering, my mouth is dry and all I can think about is a cold beer, its driving me insane. Ive tried lying in bed but that seems to make it worse, I thought craving only lasted for a short while.
Im still determined but is there anything I can eat, do or doing to ease the cravings??????????

PLEASE HELP, THIS IS MY LAST CHANCE
Old 07-02-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Detox can be dangerous...maybe you should see a doctor?

Definitely eat! That may or may not help. Can you take a walk outside, or are you too wound up? How about going to Urgent Care if it's too bad?
Old 07-02-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Maybe some fresh air will help, I will try and eat something. Thank You
Old 07-02-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Food is important! Good.

Hungry? Angry? Lonely? Tired? HALT. They are things to check off, and which are some of the big issues in early days. Food always helped me. I still get anxious when I'm hungry. It's a thing!
Old 07-02-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

Day 2 is a very tough day. You can get through it though. Detox can be dangerous, so keep an eye on what's happening to you and be prepared to head to the ER. Do you have a friend who could stay with you? During my first several days, I spent huge amounts of time on SR reading threads and trying to participate. Reading not only passes the time, but helps in reinforcing your commitment to sobriety. I drank chamomile and Sleepytime teas to relax me. I drank huge amounts of sparkling water (still do). Sometimes I went to bed at 6:00 p.m. I think it was TomSteve who said, "Don't drink - even if your a$$ falls off". The next few days will be tough, but you can get through them. Rooting for you.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Withdrawal is not a pleasant experience but its only temporary. Sometimes day 2 and 3 are worse. Please don't hesitate to seek medical assistance if things get bad. Hang in there.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have been there many times my friend. It really is torture. You want to jump out of your skin, don't you? I am day 5. Insomnia is my only issue now. I avoid going out in public and just chill for a couple days. Time is the only remedy.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Stay hydrated with water, calm teas, coconut water if you like it. You need electolytes. Eat something light. Toast wth honey. Eggs. Get some fresh air.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've had many day 2's and most times it was rough.

Sweating, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritation, agitation, anger, depression, anxiety are all normal symptoms of quitting.

But it does pass and you will feel better. I'm 42 days in now and I feel 1000x better than I did on the first week.

You need to find something to do to keep your head from wandering. It's tough to put the effort into doing something when you have lack of motivation. I've been there.

Read a book, doodle some pictures, watch a movie, play some games, exercise, go for a walk, see a friend or family, learn something new online?

How much was you drinking and for how long? Sometimes detox requires medical supervision but so long as you're not having dangerous symptoms you have to just ride it out.

Give this a read: https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol...awal-symptoms/
Old 07-02-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hopefully you will feel better soon. As others have said, do talk to your doctor if you're at all concerned about the detox process your body is going through.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all for you support and advice it really is appreciated, Ive been a heavy drinker for around 30 years but over the last year Ive been drinking around 10-15 pints of Stella a day and a couple of bottles of wine, I started to replace the wine with Vodka and thats when I knew that if I didn't stop then my death was the only outcome.
I will do it, I have a friend coming round soon to keep an eye on me.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi rolf, hang in there! Good idea to have a friend come over to check on you, just in case. If you make it through the next few days things WILL get a lot better.