Notices

Day 25, Questions

Old 06-29-2018, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 25, Questions

Wrapping up day 25, over a week longer than my now-2nd longest stretch since the age of 21.

Honestly, it’s going really well. The physiological symptoms are really mild-to-none, and while I know the urges will come, they too have been mild to none these past few days. I was listening to a syndicated talk-radio show, and during one segment they were talking about how they enjoyed their liquor, and not only was it failing to be a trigger, the thought of having a shot in that moment made my stomach uneasy.

Now I know that periods of use/abuse can essentially “rewire” how the brain operates in certain ways. Lots of talk about PAWS and the long periods of time before really feeling “normal/yourself” again...

For me, I’m doing alright, but it’s like there are neurons misfiring/failing to fire when it comes to excitability. I’ve always been passionate and excitable, but during the last months of my drinking and during this period of sobriety, things I throughly enjoy, I still enjoy them, but something is a miss and I feel so neutral... I really can’t put my finger on a way to describe it.

Because it’s like there is something missing in terms of “excitability”, it is also giving me kind of neutral interest in sex, too..

Has anyone/did anyone experience something similar? Did it improve with time? Any details would be great!

Thanks SR community 🤗
Old 06-29-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is that like feeling apathetic? I had a lot of that for the first year but it's gone away for the most part.