Notices

Been Feeling Like i want to get Loaded?

Old 06-26-2018, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been Feeling Like i want to get Loaded?

53 Days sober from a 5TH of Vodka daily.

I have been romancing the thought of get loaded ( drinking ).

I have not drank, my mind seems to be encouraging me that i will feel better with a drink then drinks.

I know that drinking is not the answer. I was so use to drinking everyday for years, now everything is different, not feeling well, not-sleeping good, unable to let go and relax.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful...
Old 06-26-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there! You probably don't want to do another day 1. I'm on day 2 and can only dream of 53 days. Just try to remember the misery that drinking brings.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It took a lot longer than 53 days for me to feel normal and anxiety-free. Those intrusive thoughts you are having may be helped with exercise.

How's your food? Good balanced nutrition with very little caffeine and easy on the added sugars is good medicine for anyone, but especially in early recovery. Lots of vegetables and protein. Rebuild and nourish those neurotransmitters!

Time takes time. It took months for me to feel "well" and to be mostly free from those, "take a drink," thoughts. Nearly a year before the anxiety died down completely and then it was a whole new life.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Springforward View Post

I have not drank, my mind seems to be encouraging me that i will feel better with a drink then drinks.

I know that drinking is not the answer. I was so use to drinking everyday for years, now everything is different, not feeling well, not-sleeping good, unable to let go and relax.

Stop romancing. You're romancing death. You're romancing getting sh;tfaced and hitting your head on the coffee table. You're romancing angry rambling rants to your loved ones in person and over text.

Its all a lie. Lies, lies, lies: there's nothing good about it. don't romance bullsh;t. Just figure out what your body and heart and brain need instead of getting loaded. chances are you need something but you haven't given enough thought to what that is.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
It took a lot longer than 53 days for me to feel normal and anxiety-free. Those intrusive thoughts you are having may be helped with exercise.

This!

Don't let your AV fool you. I caved in at the two month mark on three different occasions. Two months is a long time! It might be a few more before you feel better but those first two are the hardest!

Don't make my mistakes! The fourth time I made it two months was 13 months ago and I'm still going strong.

It does get easier and it's worth it but it takes time.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's easier to stay sober then to get sober. Write it out, the pros and cons, why drinking would make your life better long term, why staying sober would. Let logic and experience be your guide instead of the lies. Look up things to do instead of drinking. Just a shower or a good meal or an ice cream can do wonders.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You cannot become 53 days sober overnight....and it takes 53 days lol da!...
And now you want to throw all that away...because your mind wants to f**k you up ? Distract yourself...good food always helps me. Walk away, enjoy a movie....
Imagine all the **** you have gone thru while you drank...I have lots of them to remind me how bad it is and will be ....and next day hangover and starting over...feeling like ****...

Man you are better off not going there ...anywhere close to that thought....take charge and be stubborn to be sober....
Old 06-26-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

spring,

ime...sweets tricked my brain. So did coffee.

Even when I was a drunk, if I ate and got full, I didn't want to drink anymore.

Drinking after being full was pointless.

Filling up still works, but now I try to eat healthier.

I just had 2 wasa crackers with peanut butter and am drinking a warm ginger lemon tea.

Sounds lame to the drunks, it is happy hour after all.

thanks.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Springforward View Post

Nothing good will come. I, too was a 5th/spread through the day drinker. I did 17 days of no booze, got back on the exercise train and was eating well. I thought I had a good excuse to have a few one night... a month later I was right back to where I was even though I told myself I’d be different than these other stories and I could handle it.

When I went back to day 1 (22 days ago) I was worried I was going to have a full fledge panic attack, if not heart attack... and I paced around my house wondering WHY GOD WHY would I set myself back to square one after conquering those initial hurdles once?!

I wouldn’t do it, man! Be well!
Old 06-26-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Go reward yourself with a DQ Blizzard and get ya mind off that poison.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm guessing there were some reasons why you quit, and I doubt its because your daily habit was going great. What helped me is pausing and thinking about the couple times I went through withdrawal. It was the worst thing I've experienced. I know if I went back I would inevitably end up back there. 53 days is fantastic, don't give in and drink. Good job on posting first.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bdtl View Post
go reward yourself with a dq blizzard and get ya mind off that poison.
yes, this!!!
Old 06-26-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Spring,

Something as simple as replacing a beer with a Coke has actually got me over the hump several times this month. One of my biggest triggers is craving a beer after a few hours of yard work (or as I started firing up the grill after said work). Your mileage may vary, but one can of Coke (and I suppose the sugar rush) has eased the urge for a beer enough to get on with my day without any problems. A DQ Blizzard for a reward sounds like a great idea too.