Notices

10 Months Sober

Old 06-23-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 Months Sober

Today is 10 months sober for me, I am truly grateful for this miracle and another chance at life. It is not easy, some days are better than others. I feel I have better tools and healthier coping mechanisms now. I have drilled sobriety into my head. I got involved with AA, it personally has helped me a great deal. I have an awesome sponsor who I am working the steps with, i am currently on Steps 8 and 9.

My advice to newcomers is to take suggestions from others in recovery and try things even if you don't want to, to see if it works for you. I did not enjoy my first AA meeting, i was depressed after and said nope not for me. I gave it a few more tries at different meetings and now I go 3 to 4 days a week and it has been a HUGE tool for me. In the end, you will see what works for you and what does not. Don't get discouraged, you will find your own recovery path=)

Recovery is like most things in life, you get out of it what you put in. I have had to work so hard daily to get where I am at but it is way better than the way I was. Recovery does not come easy by any means but it works if you work it. Hope everyone has a blessed day and stays strong =)
Old 06-23-2018, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

10 months, that's awesome!!!

What a great testimony.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 month XtinaM82.