Notices

Smoking or drinking?

Old 06-22-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smoking or drinking?

My dearly beloved ex boyfriend of 15 years remarked that why did I have to replace one bad habit with the other. I have been chain smoking recently and typically I do not smoke. I am squaky clean in every respect and do not have documented allergies. But now I have developed painful skin blisters and dermatological patches, went to google of course and found a NZ dermatology site. My little patches and blisters completely match their pictures. It seems to be agreed all over the internet that this kind of occurrences are primarily by past or present alcohol abuse and or smoking and typically occur in women of ny age (I am not old!!!). Ouch. I have doctors appointment on Tuesday. Don't harm your body, sisters and brothers!
Old 06-22-2018, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go to the DR or dermatologist. Doc google does this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGoaE935enU
Old 06-22-2018, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do have an appointment with a doctor. Tuesday. Just wondering if anyone has personal experience of anything like this. Not medical advice. Did it ever happen to you and how can you quit drinking and then start smoking and want to quit smoking?
Old 06-22-2018, 10:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by icewater1961 View Post
I do have an appointment with a doctor. Tuesday. Just wondering if anyone has personal experience of anything like this. Not medical advice. Did it ever happen to you and how can you quit drinking and then start smoking and want to quit smoking?
I'm trying to quit smoking(have been since Oct)..Going to get back on Chantix soon. Smoking,for me, is harder to quit than drinking.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The longer you smoke, the harder it will be to quit. Glad you are seeing the doctor about your skin issue. Whether it is connected to smoking or not, I hope you quit smoking soon. You need to replace drinking with a positive behavior like running, knitting, dancing, playing guitar...Be open with the doctor about both alcohol and smoking. Chantix worked for my husband when he quit smoking but he also took up jogging to deal with cravings.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience to share - hope your doctor can help icewater

D
Old 06-22-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Icewater - This is interesting...i never smoked cigarette or may be one in 3 months along with friends when I was drinking. I have been sober for 45 days now. I slowly have picked up smoking 2-3 cigarettes a day. I feel awful about it. I don't smoke at work because it smells like $**t. After work I do and when I go for a walk far away i smoke. But I have similar concern, I don't want this to get as an habit. I am planning to stop smoking when I hit few more days of sobriety....I probably need to be more strong.

Anybody going thru or has such an experience or any ideas around it will greatly help...

Honestly, drinking every night and waking up feeling like crap and resenting whole day is way worse than 1-2 cigarettes a day....but i am not saying it's good either.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Im in the same boat. I tried to quit both at the same time didnt work. When i get to 90 days sober i will work on the cigarettes. As of right now i definitely need a crutch
Old 06-23-2018, 02:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

DontRemember that cracked me up. It's ME. Thank you all.