Notices

Daily post

Old 06-21-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daily post

As part of my recovery plan, I am going to write a daily post (on this thread), of one benefit of living a sober life. So, here it goes....

I will be the mother I should be to my daughter. There are so many shoulda, coulda, woulda's, but I am going to be positive and focus on how much better our relationship will be when I am sober. She loves me so much and I need to be there for her...body, mind and soul. I am really looking forward to all the positive changes that the future will undoubtedly bring us.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice post Ready.

I know the feeling of letting down a child. But I also know the feeling of having my son look me in the eyes when I completely sober and knowing that the trust I forsook for so long is building up inside him.

Keep it going, it's going to be worth it.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lovely post
Old 06-21-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good post, Ready. Not squandering any more of my time with my kids while they are living at home was one of my main motivating factors. Now, when my teenagers want to talk to me, I'm always ready. I can remember our conversations. They know they can count on me. It's such a blessing and gift. And I will NOT throw it away.

Keep up the great work. Kids are remarkably forgiving. They just want their parent, engaged and present and there for them.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're working to stay positive and to move forward. We have to look at the past, but we need to focus on what we can do now to make things better.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all! Day 1 is coming to an end and I'm feeling okay. The depression, guilt and shame are there, but I know those feelings will dissipate. Never have to feel like this again!
Old 06-21-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, those feelings will ease up - you must be kind & patient with yourself as you heal.

Congratulations on your Day 1, Ready.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

great idea ready to do this

D
Old 06-22-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

By being sober, I will be more productive at work. The decline in productivity is so obvious and apparent to me (and probably to my supervisor and colleagues as well). It feels great to be productive and to go home at the end of the day feeling that I have done well and accomplished a lot.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Back at Day 1, but not giving up. Restarting this thread, a thread that I should have never stopped. I will again begin with my most motivating factor, my daughter.

By being sober:

"I will be the mother I should be to my daughter. There are so many shoulda, coulda, woulda's, but I am going to be positive and focus on how much better our relationship will be when I am sober. She loves me so much and I need to be there for her...body, mind and soul. I am really looking forward to all the positive changes that the future will undoubtedly bring us."

I am not going to give up.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rar

Good you're back at it Readytodothis and are not going to give up. Do you know what made you drink? Your plan might need an adjustment, don't you think? I find that as my situations change or I'm having an extra difficult time, I need to tweak my plan so I don't cave. You can do this. We're in your corner. Hang in there Ready.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

starting a journal thread or a motivation thread is a good idea, but sounds like you might need a little more in your plan readytodothis?

any ideas on what you could add to what you've been doing?

D