Notices

Lost

Old 06-19-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost

The way I'm feeling today is like death or running away is the only option. How do u feel so alone when you have nothing but people around you. I love my kids but i been feeling like i have nothing left to give. Oh I'm almost 3 days "clean". I haven't sniffed coke in 3 days is more like it. Today idk what the outcome will be.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you can stay sober, this will get a lot better. Withdrawal isn't fun, we've been there. I wanted to disappear, too. Stay the course. If you're still doing other drugs besides the coke or if you're drinking, it just won't stop - try to get completely sober. Do you think you might need medical help? You can always call 911.

Well done on Day Three. Keep it going.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey there 914. Sobriety is hard. The first 10 days were really hard for me. It gets better, but I still have down days.

Take it hour by hour. Just focus on not using for the next hour. Then the hour after that. Sometimes it's even minute by minute.

You said death feels like an option. I'm not judging, are you feeling suicidal? I've been there. It might help to call a hotline, or reach out to someone. Do you have a therapist?

Feel free to sign onto the chat room. I'm here to talk.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 914born View Post
The way I'm feeling today is like death or running away is the only option. How do u feel so alone when you have nothing but people around you. I love my kids but i been feeling like i have nothing left to give. Oh I'm almost 3 days "clean". I haven't sniffed coke in 3 days is more like it. Today idk what the outcome will be.
Hmmm. Feeling alone and like you have nothing left to give.:I know the feeling....times when I have felt completely "gave out". Times like that, I really need to recharge my batteries, so to speak. So what works for me is to get some "me" time, which I know can be challenging when you are raising kids. My kids are grown now, but I do remember when they were little. I had to MAKE time for myself and I liked to get out and walk outside....long walks. When I'm out walking I feeling like I am drawing energy and new life from the fresh air, sky,God, breezes and nature. So even though I am putting out energy by walking, I am gaining effervescence. I like to walk alone and not have anyone to distract from my meditation. That may sound selfish, but it really helps me. My walk time is FOR me.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 914born View Post
The way I'm feeling today is like death or running away is the only option.
i tried running away many times- the geographic relocation program.
it didnt work because everywhere i went, i took myself along and i was the problem.

the day after my last drunk i was given the gift of desperation and gave myself 2 choices- AA or suicide. i chose AA. i was only giving it 90 days and if nothing changed,option 2.
90 days in i didnt know what was different with/in me, but something was different.
so i decided to keep going and working the program.
there finally came a time i was able to look at myself in the mirror and believe it when i told myself,"i love you today."
it took a lot of work and some days were very difficult to make it through- the obsession was quite strong for some time- but eventually i not only loved myself but no longer had a problem with the thought of alcohol or drugs. the problem had been removed.

have you checked out NA, born? its a great program with some awesome members that have gotten clean and would be willing to support anf help you learn how they did it.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today, if you don't use the outcome will be different from three days ago. I don't know about you but the outcome of my drinking/using days was pretty much the same; I'd pick up, the high would wear off, I'd feel guilty, remorse, shame, tell myself tomorrow is going to be different and it never ever was. It was the same gerbil flywheel every - every - every day. I kept doing the same thing and expecting different results. If getting sober was a piece of cake, 90-something percent of us wouldn't die alcoholically or from drug overdoses. Do it one day at a time, and remember if you choose to run and hide with your drug of choice, you're only running backwards, which is kind of diabolical, don't you think?
Old 06-19-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is so good to see you 914born. I have been thinking about you.

I am sorry that you have been struggling but 3 days clean from cocaine is great.

Really good advice above. I don’t have any experience with substances or substance withdrawal but I strongly suspect that this only path to feeling better, mentally and physically, is sustained sobriety.

Have you tried NA? Counseling?

Stay close; we truly care about you.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

3 days off coke is like the worst day ever.
but from 4 onward it gets a lot better.
how you feel right now is temporary.....short term.....stay clean and things will begin to look up.
you deserve a full happy life.
your kids deserve you fully alive and present to them.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you feeling now 914Born?

If you need this link please use it:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ease-read.html

D
Old 06-19-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
Hmmm. Feeling alone and like you have nothing left to give.:I know the feeling....times when I have felt completely "gave out". Times like that, I really need to recharge my batteries, so to speak. So what works for me is to get some "me" time, which I know can be challenging when you are raising kids. My kids are grown now, but I do remember when they were little. I had to MAKE time for myself and I liked to get out and walk outside....long walks. When I'm out walking I feeling like I am drawing energy and new life from the fresh air, sky,God, breezes and nature. So even though I am putting out energy by walking, I am gaining effervescence. I like to walk alone and not have anyone to distract from my meditation. That may sound selfish, but it really helps me. My walk time is FOR me.
😘😘 thanks