Notices

Drunk and got off work

Old 06-18-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drunk and got off work

Whqt is wrong with me. I got drunk this weekend drank on my lunch break. I was so clever not getting caught being drunk. Yea I'm smart. Nope I'm dumb. I hate this. Got home and drinking. Alcohol sucks and I need to stop this. I was doing so good before this. What is wrong with me.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2 now, alcohol does suck, causes nothing but misery, hope you can stay off it
Old 06-18-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I lost several jobs doing this. Drinking at lunch or whenever. Waking up at 5:00am and drinking so much I couldn't even call in......well I suppose if I had the results wouldn't have been any worse lol.

What is wrong with you? Your like me that's what's wrong with you! We reach a point that alcohol is all that matters. It's great that you came here. Support is huge. Try to take it easy with alcohol the remainder of your day so you can go to work tomorrow.

There is a solution and it generally requires support and working through a few things. You were doing good before. You can again and even better.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For me I had to want it more than anything. It had to be the most important thing in my life. Because it is the most important thing in my life. If I kept drinking I was going to die and I would be miserable until it happened.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Karate girl

There came a day for when I realized enough was enough and I decided to stop. Before I never really wanted it for ME and I think changing my mentality and doing it for ME has made all the difference so far.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"I was so clever not getting caught being drunk"

I used to do this kind-of stuff, and I sure thought I was getting away with it. My boss knew, and was just waiting for the right time to can me.

When I got my walking papers 2 weeks later, I asked why I was being asked to sign my resignation.

All that she said was "I'm surprised you don't know."

I hadn't drank in that 2 weeks, but was canned when it was convenient for her.

Stop the madness now, before you lose something you will regret.

Blessings,
WF
Old 06-18-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

At best, you're fooling your boss/co-workers. But, what are you doing to yourself in the process? I know how alcohol robbed me of self-respect and that was the hardest thing to get back. I hope that you decide to stop drinking.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I never drank on the job, but missed work due to hangovers, etc. You're obviously not happy drinking anymore. But there is a way out. Keep posting on here, decide one day at a time that you won't drink.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You sound like you're ready to get on with your life and remove alcohol for good! You CAN do it!
Old 06-18-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I’ve been there. Drank at lunch, chugged some wine at 8:30 am then chewing like 18 pieces of gum before walking in the door if I knew i was facing a rough day, or on a really bad day when my boss was out of town, I drank WHILE working. You name it, I’ve done it, or worse. I work in a small office and for the most part, i am kept to myself so it was easy to “get away with it”. I think only maybe a couple of my “sick days” over the past 3 years have been because i was actually sick. The rest were Mondays after i took Sunday funday way too far. That was my lowest of low out of control. When i talk with my sister about guys, boyfriends, etc she has ALWAYS used the phrase “you’re not done until you’re done” to explain why I’d keep going back to these idiots. She doesn’t know this, but I’ve recently applied her saying to alcohol instead, and why i kept going back to it, and it’s SO true. I’ve tried to stop, slow down, drink less, so many times with no success. Then one day (extremely recently), out of nowhere, I was done. Period. The end. No questions asked,
no looking back. You will get there too!! One day at a time.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The fact that you are here and posting shows you want to stop. You can do this, it starts one minute, one hour, one day at a time,

What have you tried in the past to help with sobriety?
Old 06-19-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

What is wrong with you sounds a bit like what was wrong with me. Once I started drinking, I had an overwhelming craving to continue. I even lost jobs as a result of bosses confronting me in the afternoon, in the pub, insisting that I go back to work or else- My answer, there will be other jobs.

So to fix that problem looks simple. Just don't drink. If I never took the first one, I would never get into that position. Could it be that straightforward. Try it and see.