Notices

Day four, I won't drink

Old 06-13-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day four, I won't drink

I usually cave in on day four. It's like I reward myself for going this long and start thinking I can't have that much of a problem if I can go four days without drinking and perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.

Anyway, I'm not drinking today. I'm making this declaration now as it's 8am but later in the day I might start hearing that little voice so I might need to come back to this thread.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day four turns into day 40 and so on at the blink of an eye. We all started where you are, and it gets easier with time. Don’t let the little voice tell you what’s best for you. Have faith in the process, as the initial few weeks of sobriety tend to be the most challenging.

Alcoholics can’t control their drinking, although they have the false perception that they can. Rewarding yourself with a drink, is not truly a reward! Keep a positive mindset, and find a more healthy activity this evening.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's the way to do it Longlady

D
Old 06-14-2018, 01:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Four days is a lot indeed in the beginning hours, congrats!

Remember that this little voice has no arms, no legs and no money.
Being the one in control of your body, you have the last word on where it will go!

Get back here for more support anytime Longlady

Courage!
Old 06-14-2018, 04:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Longlady View Post
I usually cave in on day four. It's like I reward myself for going this long and start thinking I can't have that much of a problem if I can go four days without drinking and perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.

Anyway, I'm not drinking today. I'm making this declaration now as it's 8am but later in the day I might start hearing that little voice so I might need to come back to this thread.
I find the “reward” we think we are giving ourselves is punishment. And it reallly is.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 06-14-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good work. See you this evening.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4! I tend to be the same way; somehow after 4-7 days or so, it’s like I’ve forgotten how bad drinking is for me. It always ends the same way: BADLY. It is part of the alcoholic’s trademark denial that you feel like hey, I can’t be so different from all those other people enjoying a social drink! But I remind myself that drinking is very much *not* a social activity for me. Give me one drink and suddenly the obsession for more, more, more kicks in.

Concentrate on today, and look forward to day 5!
Old 06-14-2018, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Another day done.

Had dinner early and made sure I didn't leave the house this afternoon so didn't go near any shops.

It's definitely helped posting here first thing this morning as I've read the thread a couple of times this afternoon and I didn't want to have to come on here saying I'd not got through the day.

This weekend should be ok as I've got a few things I need to do every day and need to be up and out early, 8am and need to drive so want a clear head otherwise I'm not going to enjoy the day.

I might not post for a few days now as I'm trying to put it out my mind a bit as I've got things to keep me occupied but will check in after the weekend.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Also wanted to say the replies help me a lot. I really do relate to so much that's written on here and me understanding why I'm like this is helping to stop this behaviour.

I've stopped because I want to stop, to take control of it as I don't like where I was heading.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Bravo Longlady, you gain one more day!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well done, longlady!
Old 06-16-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is good

How are you doing?