Notices

Day 2

Old 06-13-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

So relieved I made it past Day 1, which for me is by far the most difficult day. Husband went to court the other day for being under the influence of meth. His work told him no more chances since he missed work when high. After his court on Monday, he shockingly came home high after not doing it for a few weeks. I had been doing well in my sobriety before he came home from 30 day inpatient rehab a couple months ago. He was nice when talking to me in the rehab but was bitter and angry when he got out, probably because he wanted to drink and use which is what he did do, and I became depressed and started drinking again. Hence where I’m at now. I am back to work after a 4 month leave of absence due to stress from our marital separation (he canceled the divorce last week and I signed it too because he made it too messy) and my surgery. I know that I need to stay sober to protect my own sanity and life. Already wrote my step 1 yesterday and plan on going to a meeting today.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Continue down the righteous path! We have all been there. A day soon turns into a week, month, and then years.

Some people will never change, and those people shouldn't be in your life. It sounds like you're in realization of that, and taking the proper steps to look out for number one, which is yourself.

Continue to be a positive influence around others who struggle around you. You have the chance to not only change yourself, but to show others that sobriety IS possible, and that a life through sobriety is a heck of a lot more rewarding than the many days wasted on alcohol.

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-13-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member