Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox
Reload this Page >

SUBLOCADE: anyone have experience with the newest buprenorphine injection?

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi guys, Im new here but ill save the introduction for another thread..

I want to talk to someone else with experience with sublocade, but first some back story..

Opiate addict for years and ive been on a suboxone program for the last 10 months, and my doctor brings up the new Sublocade and wants to get her patients on it..
Its a buprenorphine shot (not implant) in the stomach that last a month and supposedly delivers 8 to 24 mg of bupe daily..
Ive been on the shot for a week now and the injection site is still sore and it leaves behind a quarter sized hard knot or bubble at the site that goes away periodically over the month.

They say you arent supposed to feel the "lows" you might feel while taking oral doses of buprenorphine but i still get flashes, 20 mins or so, of withdrawal symptoms once or twice day..
Im pretty sure my libido has decreased highly as well due to the shot..

Does anybody have any experience or reviews they'd like to share? Its still fairly new, being released November 2017 so not sure if many programs are offering it.