Recovery: finding inner healing

Old 06-12-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Recovery: finding inner healing

I'm taking words quite literally lately. Breaking them down. Letting prayers and meditation guide this. Opening my mind and heart to new ways of looking at things.

com·pas·sion

noun

sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.

Origin

Latin - suffer with
F-that.

Universal law of attraction: what is focused on brings more of that.

I like having "good, great, amazing" in my life. Connecting with moments like these in my day brings more of them.

My feelings call for acknowledgement, recognition and awareness. As I let them flow it becomes easier. No longer a waterfall and a raging river. Now a stream of beautiful, variant emotions. I'm glad for this journey. I'm glad it gets easier as I face my fears and allow myself to be walked through them. Intertwined in this is law of attraction and choosing my focus.

Focusing on the good in life. It's all around me. As I focus on the good in life, my feelings flow faster, easier. Old, stagnant or fresh feelings of pain are asking to be released. As I enjoy life, I open myself to also feeling the pain. It's okay. It's safe now. Prayer and meditation guide this. I set my intentions on healing quickly, on joy and happiness.

I don't really have a clue how any of this works, yet I see this working again and again.

I don't say f-that to compassion because I haven't experienced great loss and pain in my life. I say it because I have. The magic in life is that healing is possible. Much quicker and easier, more fully and deeply than I've experienced before.

Many paths. No one way. I don't regret where I've been. It's taken me to where I am. In this moment, this day, that is enough.

#blueskies #lifeisgood
Old 08-13-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

This is on mind my this evening after meditation.

I often use the word "kindness". It feels good. It's my go-to replacement for the concept of "suffering with".

Kindness towards others. Deep appreciation.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mango, i think you are describing neuroplasticity. Im listening to 'becoming the narcissist's nightmare' on audiobook. The author (cant remember her name) talks about how this altered, positive way of thinking can influence chemicals like oxytocin to break trauma bonds. Mindfulness is a powerful way to do that. I love mindfulness - need to do more. X
Old 08-14-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love your post Mango! Good stuff! Keep working on you, you are doing great!
Old 08-17-2019, 10:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

Mindfulness is a powerful way to do that.

Hi Wombaticus.

I've had this experience often. It becomes easy with practice.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Living mindfully, being aware of words I'm using, my thoughts, actions and the connections between them, I choose to create new days, new feelings by the strength and deliberate use of kind words.

I've been using the word compassion lately.

I'm choosing to set aside this word, again.

I choose to use the word 'kindness'.

Collins dictionary:
Kindness is the quality of being gentle, caring, and helpful.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Recovery from abuse can look like many things. Sometimes moments of silence. It may be filled with spectacular places in nature. Hiking and running further, faster with more endurance. Sitting, waiting, breathing in life.