Notices

AV is already planning for this evening

Old 06-12-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AV is already planning for this evening

Hi All,

I haven't been on here for a while because I simply just gave up for a few weeks. No black outs or anything just got back into that viscous cycle of going to the store, beating myself up because I'm back 2 days later, going to another store hoping I don't run into anyone that knows I was in rehab months ago and repeat. Well I haven't had a drink since Sunday. I feel good but I didn't drink because I couldn't. I didn't have any money...... now i do and my AV is ALREADY at it!!! I want too wake up like I did the past few days. Refreshed. I didn't even have trouble sleeping so that's not an issue. I hope I can make it through the day
Old 06-12-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you get to a meeting today?
Old 06-12-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back!

My suggestion is to plan for this evening. Make a plan that will help you be distracted from the voice and drinking. Maybe plan something you don't usually do in the evening. Going out for a long walk could help. You can do this!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

keep in mind ...

its the 1st drink that gets us drunk not the 20th

we cant get drunk without that 1st drink

our choice is between miserable unhappy drunken drinking and all the consequences

or

not taking 1 drink

God bless
Old 06-12-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe plan something you don't usually do in the evening. Going out for a long walk could help.
I second this advice. Make a small plan as part of your big plan... the small plan can be to do something that occupies yourself in a healthy way. You can get your AV to quiet down by doing something you can be proud of, like exercising or taking a long walk.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going to take a walk after work. I usually don't do that. I can't make a meeting but I can do some reading like I did yesterday.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What did you learn in rehab that can aid you now? I imagine you went thru some serious experiences that should be valuable now. What can you draw on?
Old 06-12-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
What did you learn in rehab that can aid you now? I imagine you went thru some serious experiences that should be valuable now. What can you draw on?
It's was easy to get the concept of being sober in rehab. I was in a safe bubble (which was good) What I'm realizing now is that I was also out of my comfort zone but around people in the same situation. Came home to the same life. Gotta figure out how to get to more meetings. And change things up. I am in touch with some people from rehab and I feel like I just can't take this one step that will lead me to what sober people have.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel like I just can't take this one step that will lead me to what sober people have.
what do you thinks stopping you catldy?

D
Old 06-12-2018, 10:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
what do you thinks stopping you catldy?

D
That's it. I feel like If i really go for it I will leave people behind. and not know how to accept the good things that I know are there for me
Old 06-12-2018, 10:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by january161992 View Post
keep in mind ...

its the 1st drink that gets us drunk not the 20th

we cant get drunk without that 1st drink

our choice is between miserable unhappy drunken drinking and all the consequences

or

not taking 1 drink

God bless
Thank you for that. I feel like I haven't gotten over that first time off not caving in after a few days. I'll keep posting
Old 06-12-2018, 10:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Catldy View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going to take a walk after work. I usually don't do that. I can't make a meeting but I can do some reading like I did yesterday.
Could you contact someone from the meetings for a chat and maybe even agree to meet up for coffee and a chat? Or just talk on the phone for a short time - it does make a difference. You could tell em all the crazy **** your AV keeps spouting at ya and have a laugh at it together. That's powerful stuff!

Also, there are thousands of speaker recovery share recordings. In the first month of my sobriety I always listened to these on my commute home. They kept me in the zone on my non-meeting days and meant that I arrived home with some resolve intact. This is where I get mine from... http://www.recoveryaudio.org

Recognising your AV for what it is really is a huge part of the battle. It's not gonna be quiet for some time yet, but you've recognised it, and are starting to believe that you realky dont have to be it's puppet, so you're doing great. Just because you can hear it, doesn't mean youre gonna act on it, so try to stay calm.

Hope you post again later. Stay in the middle of the lifeboat.

BB
Old 06-12-2018, 10:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

How are you doing tonight Catldy?