Notices

Best weekend I’ve had in a while

Old 06-03-2018, 11:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Best weekend I’ve had in a while

I made a goal to not drink all weekend and I succeeded! I’ve had long periods of sobriety before and I want this one to last! I cannot handle relapses anymore. Even in the warmer weather, I didn’t sweat as much as usual. Not feeling anxious at all about it being Sunday night.... the weekend actually seemed longer. I’m almost positive my forehead sweating is related to binge drinking. The weekend was busy, but also very enjoyable. Attended a talent show for some of my students on Fri night, took daughter to her friends bday party on Saturday, and then we enjoyed a movie in the park Sat evening, and spent today (Sun) at home with family, cleaning and doing laundry. I feel productive and proud of myself for making it thru, even though my AV tried to win. I did not let it! I thought of having just 1-2 glasses of wine before the party to ease my anxiety.....didn’t even need it. There was beer in the cooler at the party, it definitely crossed my mind, but I grabbed a water and kept going. This morning, waking still a bit tired, I contemplated a drink to give me a little energy boost, but I know how that would have turned out....a wasted day of getting nothing accomplished and feeling awful in the morning.
Hadn’t posted in a little while, but wanted to update and actually have something great to share. Ready to face the week ahead more than ever!
Old 06-04-2018, 02:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Hope this weekend is the jump start you need for lasting sobriety.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, Bronzie! That's a big step. Keep at it!
Old 06-04-2018, 02:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Bronzie - good to see you

D
Old 06-04-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bronzie - Thanks for your post. I have sort of a Love/Hate reaction to posts like this. I love the fact that you are sober and feeling good but I hate the fact that since you signed up here in 2012 you are still struggling to beat this addiction. In the end my strongest reaction to your post is admiration for your perseverance. You haven't stopped trying!

Old 06-04-2018, 04:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is an awesome accomplishment! I know for myself, the weekends are the most tempting times.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job Bronzie. I'm new to the group here and have been serious about quitting since mid April. Haven't made it through my "days off" yet. That is my short-term goal later this week as I have a week off starting Thursday. I must admit I am a bit apprehensive about that challenge.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I completely understand that reaction, and I’ve been at this since longer than before 2012, if I’m being honest. What has changed since then? I’m 2014 I had a daughter who is now 4 and my 2 children are my world. My oldest went away to college for freshman year and I still now Home for the summer. I’m just so happy we are all together!! My amounts of drinking have gotten much smaller, and relapses spaces much further apart, but still I choose complete sobriety. Also, I have a surgery coming up that I need to quit cigarettes for, and I know any alcohol would get in the way of that goal.

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
Bronzie - Thanks for your post. I have sort of a Love/Hate reaction to posts like this. I love the fact that you are sober and feeling good but I hate the fact that since you signed up here in 2012 you are still struggling to beat this addiction. In the end my strongest reaction to your post is admiration for your perseverance. You haven't stopped trying!

Old 06-04-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrWolfie68 View Post
Good job Bronzie. I'm new to the group here and have been serious about quitting since mid April. Haven't made it through my "days off" yet. That is my short-term goal later this week as I have a week off starting Thursday. I must admit I am a bit apprehensive about that challenge.
I only have a couple weeks sobriety myself, but i can reflect back on how I think I did it. Everyone the thought of drinking came into my mind, and trust me it did, I immediately turned my thoughts to something else and found something that needed to be done. I per-planned also by scheduling small events with my daughter for Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Saturday night. I kept Sunday at home for our family day. It worked well because we stayed busy and peoductive, but also had down time to rest and recharge. I hope your days off become easier for you, and just have a plan in place, and post here whenever and as much as you need.