Recovery: allowing good in my life

Old 06-03-2018, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Recovery: allowing good in my life

A big part of allowing good in my life is recognizing good when it happens.

Good: Meditating. Having the word abundance come to me. Looking up the definition and fully enjoying the word. Then having the thought of lemons. An abundance of beautiful yellow lemons. The thought of lemon trees, rooted in the earth, branches full of green leaves and lemons. The thought of fresh, cold lemonade.
Going to sleep thinking of lemons and lemonade. Waking up thinking of lemons and lemonade. I've never thought so much about lemons before.

Good: Recognizing immediately as I walked into the living room that my husband was drunk. Recognizing I was no longer in a safe environment and it was time to leave. Recognizing how everything worked together to support me leaving with my son.

Good: As I drove away, I took a couple of turns down roads I'm rarely on and saw two kids with a make-shift lemonade stand. Sunshine. Beautiful day. Healthy, safe atmosphere and lemonade for my son and I.

Good: Allowing all emotions to come and flow through. Sitting now with the remembrance of the good.

Law of Attraction. Living in the solution. All emotions and daily needs are being taken care of, one moment at a time.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love this Mango!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

A big part of allowing good in my life is recognizing good when it happens.

Good: Allowing all emotions to come and flow through. Sitting now with the remembrance of the good.

Law of Attraction. Living in the solution. All emotions and daily needs are being taken care of, one moment at a time.
Good: I had a wonderful day adventuring. I went 'Jeeping' on a long dirt road in my car, with the windows down, sunroof open, radio turned up loud, singing often, a big smile and having fun.

Good: I saw a friend who was on a 4 wheeler and stopped to say hi and give/get a much needed hug.

Good: I saw several other people today who I haven't seen in ages. Aquaintences I've known for many years. This was grounding, familiar and fun.

Good: I did a lot of shopping and only bought what I went to town for. Had a ton of fun and even got huge markdowns on everything I bought. Seriously fun to find great, quality items and the huge sales were a great bonus. #shoppingtherapy

Good: I stopped at the front of my vacant property when I went there with plans to haul more to the dump. I checked on some young trees that were growing. I then realized that someone else was on the property and immediately left.

Good: I'm staying in No Contact with my husband and FOO. I believe it was my husband at the property with a truck borrowed from my FOO.

Good: Putting kid and myself first. Our safety. Our healing. Our physical and mental health. I didn't mention any details of the day to kid. We played with puppy, had upbeat music on, kicked around the soccer ball and enjoyed the evening.

Good: As my C-PTSD symptoms kicked in, I have tools to deal with them. Acknowdging these are normal responses to trauma I've lived through. I am healing, with much help from people who understand these things more than I do.

Good: As the evening cooled off, I cut flowers and fresh greens and made an arrangement, enjoying the routine and connections to healthy, kind, generous and loving people in my life.

#thankyougod #livinginthemoment #funisgoodtherapy
Old 08-07-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

One of the best things I'm seeing in my behaviors is immediately turning away from toxic/unhealthy people and situations and directing my energy and focus to the good in life. I have a lot of healing going on and big goals ahead of me. My focus is a new skill that's helping greatly with both of those things.

#lifeisgood #newadventures
Old 09-10-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

Good: I keep seeing and finding feathers everywhere.

Good: An abundance of good food for kid, myself and puppy.

Good: We are happy and healthy.

Good: Drove many miles yesterday, had fun on a road trip after a full day of work. Got to a hot springs just before a bus with kids from a small town across the state also arrived. Had a great time swimming, playing and talking with the kids and teachers/chaperones.

#lifeisgood
#thankyougod
#livinginthemoment
#funisgoodtherapy
Old 09-10-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good: planning a trip away with my dog to the lakes and countryside, back to nature. (Leaving the AH to do whatever he pleases with his best buddy Jack Daniels at home)

Good: being surrounded by positive people at work who make me feel like part of a family.

Good: arranging a night out with an old friend to listen to some live music.

Good: realising that life goes on after the shocking realisation that the man l married isn't actually the man i thought l was married to.

#timetolookafterme
Old 10-09-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Awal, love this! Have you gotten your trip in?

Good: I've booked a beautiful new airbnb for the first three days of 2019. I'm going to allow space for setting intentions for the New Year. Kid-friendly. Puppy friendly. Deep snow is likely.

Good: I've started two new forms of therapy this week. Sewing and playing guitar. I haven't sewn in years. I've never played guitar, beyond very little strumming and enjoying the vibration and resonance.

Good: I'm often very aware of red and yellow being suddenly in my vicinity in many ways. Today kid found a small yellow leaf that caught his attention, right outside our front door. It was from a nearby bush and the shape reminded him of a maple leaf. I looked up photos and clicked on an image that caught my attention. The small yellow leaf in kid's hand lined up absolutely beautifully with the red maple leaf in the picture.

I have no idea how these things happen! I'm enjoying them immensely!! None of the other leaves had that shape, yet these two, that we found so easily together, matched.

#lifeisgood #thankyougod
Old 02-09-2019, 12:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mango, this is beautiful (good, I mean). Thanks, inspired, starting today in my journal I am going to note down all the goods of the day.

Good: I cooked and ate healthy food. Now that I am full ready to run errands.