Notices

Still sober and going to AA

Old 06-03-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still sober and going to AA

Hi Everyone,

I am still here. Not posting often. Not sure why. But I am still not drinking. I am not sure how long it has been. 5 months or a little less. I am still taking it one day at a time and AA helps a lot.

I am still eating a ton of sugar and also am still anxious during what was my drinking time. I don't miss drinking at this point but I don't like the anxiety. People tell me it can take a long time to go away.

Thanks for your support.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job, Chowchow:-)
Old 06-03-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job. Keep it up.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations CC on 5 months. 29 days for me. You are right in saying that it is a struggle that requires daily and moment to moment decisions not to drink during our drinking times. I push the thoughts out as soon as they hit by remembering why I quit in the first place. Or distracting my mind with something else. This is a good place to get distracted!
Old 06-03-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations! The first year was really stressful for me, I'm coming up on 16 months and things are really becoming more and more normal for me again.

It'll get better with time!
Old 06-03-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's great chowchow. Miss your input but happy to hear you're sober. Congrats.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Originally Posted by chowchow View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am still here. Not posting often. Not sure why. But I am still not drinking. I am not sure how long it has been. 5 months or a little less. I am still taking it one day at a time and AA helps a lot.

I am still eating a ton of sugar and also am still anxious during what was my drinking time. I don't miss drinking at this point but I don't like the anxiety. People tell me it can take a long time to go away.

Thanks for your support.
Great job CC! 49 days for me now and I'm feeling better as they add up. I'm like you with that sugar craving. It's worse than the alcohol for me! Dang if we could cut the sugar out we would be lean mean healthy machines.